Wes Alloy Clubfoot

smelling123

I did indeed smelling123. Thats a lovely job you did on the front pipe of you own bike. If you ever go into production give me a shout :)

The new WES alloy back box should be going into production in about 2/3 weeks and then ready for shipment to their retailers.

There is also the possibility of a powder coated version in black as well, however the initial production run will be in alloy.

I'm afraid I've no information on price or weight, however by my own I reckoning it should be well under the weight of the standard factory version.

Edited by model80
  • Like 1

I'd think at least half the weight model80. I'm guessing inmotion will sell them, I think they're a WES distributor.

It'd be nice to get someone to make a curly front pipe in titanium...

I'd imagine you're fairly well in the "ball park" weight wise, the original is a fair lump of metal alright.

Yes, WES mentioned in their email that Inmotion would have them available to purchase.

Where did you get your own front pipe from, as it's a smashing looking piece from what I can see of it in the photo you posted. I thinking very strongly of doing a similar set up to what you have on the front section married to the new WES pipe for my own 199A, which is my next restoration project. Been trying to track down something similar from Spain but haven't found any one selling one yet.

Edited by model80
  • Like 1

I see one BIG benefit the insulation inside will be easy to replace ^_^ but the appearance ... well ... there is room for improvement :blink:

hi pschrauber

I seem to remember you modified a clubfoot exhaust and had photos showing the inside modifications. do you still have them to share?

I did send you a message but you can't except them at the moment.

Many thanks

Noel

I'am in summer modus at this moment here in the archipelago around 20km from the coast the www is accessable but not very fast when I will be in the beginning next week again at the nearest vilage (supermarket). I can sent pics again if that is OK.

And I will clean up my PM messenger inbox inbetween.

Edited by pschrauber

Hey model 80 - I Just got some 90 and 45 degree bends off eBay in thin wall stainless dairy tube, cut up with an angle grinder and got my old man to weld the lot up.

Weighs a bit more than original front pipe as the tube is a little thicker but overall the whole system is about 2kgs lighter from memory.

Another couple of pics attached...

post-10952-0-18295900-1469893553_thumb.jpeg

post-10952-0-47065500-1469893784_thumb.jpeg

• Like 3

hi pschrauber

I seem to remember you modified a clubfoot exhaust and had photos showing the inside modifications. do you still have them to share?

I did send you a message but you can't except them at the moment.

Many thanks

Noel

Hi noel063 I came across the following from pschrauber which may assist. http://www.trialscentral.com/forums/topic/17344-sherpa-t-exhaust/?p=420863 Edited by model80
  • Like 1

Yes these are the pictures I sent noel spread a link to my picture stack as I can't perform so well just with a smart phone equipped.

All internal were taken out instead a conus shaped hole tube with insulation was installed.

Weight loss is about a third I don't have the number at my hand now.

No difference in performance and loudness beside a slightly better pick up of revs. The hole unite is thinner then the bulkier original but looks very much the same.