Interesting Conversion.

laird387

Spotted in action at last weekend's Allan Jefferies trial, Anthony Ayrton's Montesa Honda 2RT creation after a total revamp of his original ploy of fitting a 315r two stroke engine into a Montesa 4Rt frame.

The precision engineer from Barnoldswick bought the 4Rt with a blown engine. The result of being submerged whilst still running. Anthony set about building what he calls a 2RT. He reckons the 315 two stroke is bullet proof and a total overhaul costs less than £500 - top to bottom. Many of vital brackets accepted the engine and also radiator connections and fittings. The machine was built last winter and rode and handled well so it was stripped and given the Saville Row bespoke job cosmetic and engineering and now resembles a factory bike. Bling up to the eyeballs but all for a purpose. Handling of a 4Rt and the weight of a 315 - the way to go?

post-19290-0-29472300-1468316130_thumb.jpg

post-19290-0-32455200-1468316164_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

It looks great pitty montesa dont do a 2 stroke it would be some bike. But over in Northern Ireland you cant get parts for the gearbox so if anything goes in it the bike is worth scrap. Kinda glad i sold my then but there are no 2 stroke trials bike out their that would have as good build quality or reliability. 

• Like 1

Hi heffergm,

Like it says in my first post, handles like (as well as) a 4Rt and the weight (i.e. lighter) of the 315.

The montesa 315r dry weight is 73kg which is the same as the montesa 4rt at 73.5kg

Edited by dwb5151

Love my 4RT want a 300RR. Though neither it or a 2T version Montesa would make me a better rider... LOL

I don't ever expect they will make a 2T again, but this one is way cool!

Edited by jonnyc21

The montesa 315r dry weight is 73kg which is the same as the montesa 4rt at 73.5kg

The 4rt frame and cycle parts are lighter than a 315R so the combined weight should be less than a 315R was originally.