Eco 250 Trials 2014 250 Pressurising Radiator ?

sirsherco1

Now this is a curly one, after issues with faulty bottom end bearings, for some reason my the brass pressure relief valve beside the screw in radiator filler has started weeping, stops when fan comes on, i took cap off and it had like a carbon build up on the base and a bit of the thread of the main cap, also the relief valve was covered with gunk, not bad but a bit.

I know its two stroke, BUT could the o'ring on the head be allowing pressure into the cooling system ?This is only recently happened, and it seems to coincide with a bit of detonation under throttle. I have dropped the needle 1 to lean it a bit, and will run in comp tomorrow. I did not when idling bike there seemed to be fine bubbles under a bit of throttle, just like a head gasket on a 4stroke car engine.

Any thoughts anyone ? the level was down to the top of the internal fins, it was full after bearing surgery.

HELP, thanking you in anticipation of some clever person knowing whats going on.

To be fair i don't know, it was a pretty testy time getting dealer to realize that my concerns on bottom end had been present for 5-6 months and getting worse, tried to fob off as rattly clutch, but clutches dont rattle when riding or under load !.

If you have some detonation under load, then it is lean and you should be going richer. To make it richer Lift the needle not drop it. (or conversely drop the needle circlip).

Some of those early small pressure relief valves were troublesome and could "jam". New ones are better. Your after part# BT701553013.

Sadly you won't know without pulling it apart and them you might as well do a proper repair by replacing gaskets/o-rings anyway. Yeah a leaky head gasket will pressurize the coolant system (more than normal, coolant is usually under some pressure) you may also notice oil in the coolant.

What Paul said.

And remember, there is no expansion tank. So, if you fill the radiator to the top, when the coolant expands when hot, it will go past the check valve as it has no place else to go. There needs to be a little bit of air-space in the top of the radiator to allow for expansion and contraction of the coolant.

Doesn t it have an overflow like the older bikes?