Fantic Section

whitehillbilly

Hello there fellow Section owner mines been in room 101 for a while.

Though it's in good nick it's had a fuelling problem that made it unusable.

However' I'm now very happy as I think it's on the mend. 

My local Fantic Guru has lent me a flatslide carb and it's passed the garden test.

Full try out tomorrow and i'm  very optomistic.

Let you know how it goes,.

• Like 1

Hi,

Going to add needle and carby kit this weekend.

Love to see you add a photo.

Bit warmer here in Australia, as we move into spring. 24oc today.

I ride with these guys.

Good OLD FASION family club, pay on the day, no license, sausage sizzle and beer at the end of the day.

Lots of the kids observe.

http://sqta.com.au/

40 to 60 riders, male, female and kids ride per event.

whitehillbilly

Well it ran as we say here real braw.

Just have to get the filter box connected properly now. 

Might even be my weapon of choice through the Winter.

We may be in Scotland but this is the dry bit,no a bad 16 degrees today perfect for Trials.

Our wee clubs a bit like yours no pack drill, good humour rather than good riding is required.

I would like to show you the Section but I'm a hopless tecnophobe.

Will see if a mate can arrange it.

Keep the faith.

• 2 weeks later...

The carby to cylinder head rubber has some cracks in it, from fuel spilling from the once leaking fuel tap.

Not causing any problems at the moment, but would-be nice to have a spare one ready.

Where would be the best place to try and get one ?

Also a replacement fan motor, or something aftermarket, as I would imagine the original type would be quite expensive.

Thanks

Whitehillbilly

Hello there' mines got a Gas Gas fan fitted, had to trim the blades but works fine. Run it without the switch so it goes constant don't think this will be an issue where you are as it'll be on all the time pretty much.

Don't know about a rubber, mines a bit dodgy too have it taped up where the clip is just too be sure.

Out tomorrow again on it,maybe Sunday too if I'm allowed.

Bike went great last Sundays Trial could have won if I tried a bit harder.

It's getting that serious I'm thinking about a new tyre.

Here's a link to a place in Italy that still as lot's of parts for Fantics: http://www.bosisiomotori.it/home/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&page=shop.browse&category_id=122&Itemid=222&vmcchk=1&Itemid=222

You'll have to navigate to Sections, but they have expanded parts lists and seem to still have a pretty good supply of section parts available. I'd repeat my earlier post that  Mike at tryalsshop.com has sources to get much of what you need. He is in the USA though, so between his fairly-relaxed view of business (which I share whole-heartedly), and the shipping time to Australia, you may be in for quite a wait. But he did send me a brand new carb to air box rubber, and many other, hard-to-find Fantic parts. Good luck, and enjoy!

Thanks.

Got around to the carby kit today.

Also took note of all the numbers on the jets etc.

The 4 other parts had me head scratching for a while, until I remembered they said on the phone the kit fits several models.

I cannot find the float height anywhere, online.

Could someone please post it, and I will add it to my carby info.

Many that's for the replies.

whitehillbillies

Well all back together.

comment on Trials Au,

'Those ports are vents and must be open to atmosphere. As stated it was common practice of some Euro bikes to link them together with one tube but what they did was knick the side out of the tube around mid point to open it to atmosphere. If you don't have these ports open the carby will not function correctly'.

Thanks for all the comments.

Whilst the carby was off I checked the inlet rubber, cracks on the outside but none inside.

But I thought this engine had a reed valve, but nothing, or was it further in than I reached with my fingers.

Or maybe is the reason this motor has a exhaust power valve ????

whitehillbillies

I fitted this universal side stand to my Section...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-UNIVERSAL-FITTING-STEEL-SIDE-STAND-FOLDING-MOTOCROSS-ENDURO-MOTORCYCLE-MOTO-/322092152560?hash=item4afe3036f0:g:RckAAOSw~OdVbcmC

Needed to shape the bracket to fit in the recess. I fitted an original stand spring as it was smaller. The one supplied kept catching my boot heel when riding.