2013 Sherco Brakes

hamill_glen

Have recently changed the master cylinder on my sherco to ajps . And put a new set of front break pads on to but keep having problem with the front breaks sticking . I've managed to free the Pistons but they just keep sticking on ! Anyone able to advise me on this problem ?

So read the title of this thread on the front page list. "Sherco Breaks"   I wonder what broke the Sherco?   Thought I would take peek.

Turns out it was about sticking BRAKES..............

• Like 1

So read the title of this thread on the front page list. "Sherco Breaks"   I wonder what broke the Sherco?   Thought I would take peek.

Turns out it was about sticking BRAKES..............

I've fixed.

When the front caliper on my sherco went i found it wasnt much more expensive to change the caliper to the indestructible ajp 4 pot, but you will need a new hose at the same time.

Another thing to look out for is the rear brake caliper, make sure you keep plenty of pad in these as the pistons in the rear caliper are very short and are easily damaged if they come out too far, mine started cocking to one side and wouldn't return once they came out and in the end i replaced the whole system with ajp and havent had a problem since.

Also if you do in future decide to change to an ajp rear, make sure you change the rear wheel disk side spacer to the thicker one

• Like 1