Silver Engine Rl250 Question-Thrust Washer/crank

bfd

While reassembling my motor there were 2 thrust washers, fairly thick, on the mag side of the crank. Between the crank and the crank bearing. I cannot locate any referance in the parts manuals :

http://www.beamishownersclub.com/pdf/BEWMall.pdf 

and did not take photos during diasassebly, which was now a couple of years ago :(      

It seems to place the crank off center but I bagged each assembly as I removed it so all parts should be in there original location and order. Before tightening down the case screws I was hoping for confirmation this was the correct order

Thanks 

Just recently (last week) did a split to replace mag side main bearing, big thing (6306) & the 2 thrust washers you speak of

are there as well, so on re-assembly they went back as they came out & the crank may be slightly to the RH.

I suspect the thrust washers take up the room the original TS250 using the slinger ring & oil injection.

Check your PM.

Larry

Edited by lbhbul
  • Like 2

Just recently (last week) did a split to replace mag side main bearing, big thing (6306) and the 2 thrust washers you speak of

are there as well, so on re-assembly they went back as they came out and the crank may be slightly to the RH.

I suspect the thrust washers take up the room the original TS250 using the slinger ring and oil injection.

Check your PM.

Larry

yeah forgot the engine was TS based, bet that is why it has 2.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

So after an unexpected home search and  2 address changes I've been able to work on the RL again. Case is back together and I now remember something that struck me funny when disassembling. The nut holding the clutch on its shaft was only finger tight and secured by the washer folded over the flat. Now correct torque makes it bind. The basket and inner hub have Suzuki emblems cast into them but may belong to a different model. Careless previous owner? Might anyone have a motor apart and able to measure major clutch components to see what I need to change out? 

Thanks in advance 

So I may have a bonus thrust washer. When dissembling I bagged each assembly separately so I wouldn't lose anything or mix up things. There was a thrust washer behind the clutch basket ( 25mm i.d.hole) and another between the inner hub and basket (20mm i.d.hole) so of course that's what I used to reassemble. 

It doesn't bind with the 2nd thrust washer removed but the teeth of the clutch basket gear, kick start intermediate, and crank gear line up better with it installed. It's a proper thrust washer, not a hardware store item. Is this redundant or possibly more than 1 type of clutch assembly?  I need to get another parts book clearly

thanks

image.jpeg