2005 Wtc Outdoor Trials Review

spud

Having just seen the review these comments (not word perfect) had me sipping hard on me alcohol.

1) Gas Gas was lucky this year but will soon have to go 4t.

2) Mark Freixa's cards are marked; his performance is under close observation for the season ahead - possibly Bou or Fajardo to take over.

3) Cabestancy disappointed with his bike (comment i think was made on the third round)

Antonio Bou's surname is it prenouced, "Boo" or "Bow"?

Kenichi name pronunciation was a little dodge.

I buy Duke because i like their product and because there is no alterative that i'm aware of? Overall a very good review, later commentary could be a little less monotone.

One I would say is worth getting is the TrialsTV Duluth DVD set - even if it's just to cringe and go "Ouch!" at Raga's crash. I've not had time to watch both discs right through yet, but what I've seen is really good.

Aye, some of the footage on the Duluth DVD is the best I've seen.......not like Eurosport's (or others) mega close shots to the point you don't even know it's a bike vid for a while!

Delivery to the UK from Mr.Smith is dead quick....no problems. Support him chaps, he's doing a great job.

Ian.

hey guys, I've bought the last 3 world round dvd's, and although worth the money I think the trials t.v is better camera work, I was hoping on the new 05 wtc we'd have had dougs crashes or some of the others at least,but there's nothing much, still worth it just to see the hawkstone round to see if you got on camera, pity trials tv didn't go and do a double dvd like duluth would have been wicked to watch more of dougs, second amazing comeback lap,i'm surprised trials tv don't do more, on that front, would have thought it would be a real earner for them , theres also the sheffield indoor, that would make a great dvd.

i'm surprised trials tv don't do more, on that front, would have thought it would be a real earner for them , theres also the sheffield indoor, that would make a great dvd.

It's because Octagon still have the rights to Video for both Indoor and Outdoor - unfortunately. They lost the Outdoor promotional rights to G2F (Thank God. You should have seen their press releases. Written by Manuel a la Fawlty Towers - and I'm not kidding...), but somehow managed to retain the video rights. I'd love to see somebody decent who actually cares take it on and do it properly. I think it would be a winner.

So what's the 05 review like then, apart from the commentary? I have been debating whether to get it this year as it has been steadily getting worse since 02. Last years was more like a Holiday DVD as they spent too much time with footage of the area of the trial and also wasted (I beleive) time filming the podium. There was very little action in other words! :ph34r:

The Duluth 04 DVD on the other hand, was absolutely fantastic and I will be certainly picking up the 05 version soon. :D

Cheers

Tony