Advice On Bits Needed, New Rider.

canister

Evening all, just bought my first trials bike(2013 Beta 200) looking to improve my technical riding for enduro. Been out today for the first time and need to buy some bits so looking for advice. Levers, clutch and brake, looking for flexy levers as bent/snapped mine (Jitsie) today. Also clutch drags so am going to replace it, fitted a DP in my enduro bike, any good in a trials bike of should I buy OEM. Front mudguard any decent brands or again should I stick with OEM. Cheers

RFX flexi levers - have a look on ebay, Beta clutch mod and run ATF in gearbox - this sorts most of the clutch issues out, Gas Gas front mudguard - al late model one, or I understand a Mont one will also fit, both much more flexible than the stock beta one.

I have a DP clutch kit in my Gas Gas, works good, would recommend. I have good experiences with 15W40 oil in the gearbox of my Gasser and Beta Techno, if the clutch is right it will work well, I tend to see people using ATF when their clutch is worn or out of spec, I also done the same before fitting new plates.

Every trials clutch, bar the odd unicorn, drags to some extent. Do the clutch mod as suggested... the Surflex clutch plates are fine, but they're just as bad in terms of glue spread all over the place as the stock clutch plates, so you'll want to clean them up as well.

ARC (https://www.arclevers.com/) sells levers for just about everything.

I've got ARC levers on my Jarvis, been on there for about 10 years now.

I didn't like the where the pivot point was on the clutch lever as it didn't line up with the pushrod very well so I bushed & redrilled the hole to a better position & it's been great

It is possible to bend the lever if you get it down your boot & the master cylinder is too tight. They will bend back with a small amount of heat & gentle pressure in a vice