Reliability

dwb5151

Has anyone had any issues with there trs. As i am considering getting one I have booked a test ride on a 250 (the only size they have) on saturday. They look a good bike but i am a bit put of getting one because of the bikes reliability. I know they went through the scottish trials which is good. But I am worried about buying one and its going to let me down before a trial. I dont want to spend all day working at it and its going to end up costing me a fortune.Its a new bike like the vertigo people seem to say its unproven but im not sure. Any opinions or advise would be appreciated. Oh and I would be keeping the bike for a couple of years. Many thanks dw

Nobody can tell you it will last for two years as they haven't been available that long. However my friend Albert rode one in the ssdt, his only issue was he chewed up the wheel spindle with a badly fitting Allen key. It doesn't mean it's perfect but lots of new bikes don't get round the first SSDT yet go on to be successful.

Edited by baldilocks

• 2 weeks later...

From what I've read even all the preproduction trs's are still going strong. I don't expect you'd have any issues.

As for the clutch, a lot of us are running modified GG clutches, so the pull is incredibly light. The stock TRS is definitely heavier, but it can be reduced by a little sanding of the Bellville spring.

The TRS is pretty traditional, all the parts are of well proven designs so there is no reason why  TRS should not be reliable. The brake and clutch hose fittings at the handlebars look a bit fragile and I would like to see a bit more width (just a few more mm) on the sump guard but apart from that the bike looks sound.

That is a good idea so it protects your engine better. The one thing that surprised me the most was the build quality especially the frame very well made. In the pictures the bike doesn't look well made but the images don't do the bike justice.The suspension is also very easy to work at as there is a lot of space not compared to my sherco where there is hardly any room.