Dalesman/puch

geurn

Hi geurn,

Without knowing which part of the world you are located in - because like so many machines, the spec. etc., as supplied varied continent by continent - it is difficult to know how best to offer help - but as a starter here is a photograph of the creator of the Dalesman models, Peter Edmondson, trying out one of the early models in a Yorkshire Centre team trial in February 1967.

Enjoy.

post-19290-0-42019100-1470385073_thumb.jpg

I took this picture of a Daleman Lynx with Sachs 125 engine at a Ringwood Schoolboy Scrambles Club meeting at Matchams Park in the mid-70s, probably 1976 or 1977. I've never been much good at photography! I did have a Dalesman Sachs of my own at the time but don't have any pictures. It was a separate tank and seat in contract to this one.

Good luck with your rebuild. It would be nice to see some pictures sometime.

ajsm18 thank you, that is my exact bike although sold here in the states. Mine is a six speed Puch instead of the Sachs and there are a few important pieces missing in the motor. There have been a couple of partial engines on ebay but out of my price range.  

Edited by geurn

You're welcome, geurn. My friend had a Puch-engined Dalesman when I had mine. Unfortunately, the chain jumped off the gearbox sprocket and wrapped itself around it, forcing the gear lever shaft away and cracking the crankcase!

I imagine spares aren't very plentiful for either Puch or Sachs engined bikes but I thought there was a dealer in the states somewhere.

• 6 years later...