2012 280I Dead

dhdey

picked up a lightly used 12 280i.  first ride 15 minutes in bike dies like i hit the kill button.

now shows no sign of wanting to run. even 5th gear bump starts on a big hill.

bikes seems to have spark but maybe intermittent?  pull fuel line of injector and fuel pumping is pumping.

very quickly regretting this purchase. anyone got any ideas on where to start looking?

Start by changing the plug,then clean the tps connection to the throttle body,check the fuel pressure it should around 50psi ,check the cables to the injector some time a wire has come loose then clean the ecu and plug some times the pin get gummed up be carefull and use a contact cleaner

The wires down at the front of the engine , below the fuel tank and visible through the sump guard .

You may find them corroded or broken 

Happened to us during a trial , just stopped like the switch was turned off !

Sump off to get at the wires , cut out the green mouldy ones , solder in new wire , sorted !

are trouble shooting with what i have. it is for sure a fuel issue. has spark and if i spray some fuel on the filter i can get it to fire a couple times.  fuel pump is pushing fuel but i have no way to determine the pressure. wires/connections under the skid plate all seem good. so i'm figuring either inadiquate fuel pressure or injector not working. any way to test the injector?

The fuel injectors dont fail might be the large fuel filter blocked or the pump has had it ,the fuel pumps are cheap but changing them is a big job,i had the same problem would run if i poured fuel into the throttle body turned out to be a kinked hose not letting enough fuel out ,changed the fuel pump and filter at the same time .

My 280 was dead a couple yrs.The problem was a bit intermittent.Turned out that one of the crankcase cover screws (behind the flywheel and stator had come loose and backed out far enough to get the head clipped off by the flywheel.The chunk of metal would get stuck on the ignition pickup and kill the ignition.Probably not your problem,but it could happen and it was really tough to find.