Txt Pro 2014 Petrol Tap

vmeldrew

Cleaning my carb the other day and noticed the fuel tap doesn't actually turn off.

I have always grimaced at the noises the tap has made since new, as it it gives the feeling its going to come off in your hand.

I am thinking the black tap is not actually doing anything to the valve. On any setting I get a trickle of fuel, but it doesn't seem like full flow. This could explain why the bike bogs down out of fuel on hill climbs.

Has anybody actually disassembled the tap? How does the black lever come off, so at least I can try and turn the tap full on.

Failing that I guess a new tap is the answer, but I don't relish the idea of trying to replace it without breaking the tank.

Al

Its the newer type right, with the plastic mounting thingie? and two o rings.

The older one you can just undo with a spanner, and than you can dissasemble.Behind the black lever there is a sort of nut you can undo. Inside there is a round sort of disk with three holes in it. That could be sitting wrongly.

Think the tap works the same.

Edited by crazybond700