Air Filters 2016 Rt

tman427

Junk the std as its a pain to clean and refit every trial.

Dont think the std should be run with no cage but not surr why.

Aftermarket ones seem similar to each other and much easier. Dont know about performance to std

The stock filter is the best. It's what the factory team uses.

It breathes just fine. It was designed to run with that filter.

Handy tip:  Install it into the lid first and then into the air box. make sure you have a good seal.

The Jitsie should never be used in dry or dusty conditions. We have found that it lets dust into the air box. Sorry Jitse. Just hold it up to the light and see how much light shines through.

Edited by martin belair
  • Like 2

I have standard, Apico and Jitsie - can't tell which one is in when riding the bike so no performance difference that way for me.

I just put the standard set up in then put the lid on without bothering to actually attach the filter to the metal frame. By the time the lid is screwed down nothing is going to get by the edges anyway.

Being on the clean side of the filter the coarse layer on the Jitsie appears to have little function.

Edited by 2stroke4stroke

[quote name="martin belair" post="431824" timestamp

The Jitsie should never be used in dry or dusty conditions. We have found that it lets dust into the air box. Sorry Jitse. Just hold it up to the light and see how much light shines through.[/

Is this with an oiled filter?

Been using the jitsie filters for years in all conditions and had no issues, maybe the dust entering the airbox is from not oiling the filter enough?

The corse outer of the jitsie filter is a flame resistant layer to bypass the need for the standard flame guard.

Been using the jitsie filters for years in all conditions and had no issues, maybe the dust entering the airbox is from not oiling the filter enough?

The corse outer of the jitsie filter is a flame resistant layer to bypass the need for the standard flame guard.

Jitsie themselves say the coarse layer is to "stop large particles and resist clogging", which it clearly can't do as an inner (relative to airflow) layer, though they describe it as an outer layer. Maybe they're all made the wrong way round? No mention of flame guarding properties which you would expect them to emphasise were that the case.

In over a year of changing filters after every outing I have seen no evidence of flame reaching the filter, nor have I on any four-stroke I have owned in all the years. Though I accept that Honda must feel the need of it.

Are aftermarket filter users really suffering burned filters?

What would be the point of the coarse layer other than being to replace the flame guard?

None of the other jitsie filters for other bikes have this same outer? Or do they? So it seems plausible with the Honda being the only bike running a flame guard that they would account for this when designing the filter.

There's no way the guys at jitsie have made the filters this way by mistake.