My Helmet Stinks

fetona

Turn it upside down in the sink squirt some shampo in it rub it in to the liner fill it up with water dump it out , do it 2 or 3 times till smell is gone than take a big towel and stuff it in the helmet get most of the water out .

• 4 weeks later...

You can put your helmet in the bath or sink with some washing powder in the water. It won't do it any harm, helmets are just plastic / composite, polystyrene and a bit of fabric. Just don't plan to use it the following day. Friend of mine used to this with his moto X lid. Maybe thats why he went bald though!! - Only joking, it works. If your worried use ordinary soap, if its mild enough for skin it should be OK on a helmet.

Go to a road bike shop and get a can of helmet cleaner spray!! It is like carpet cleaner, you spray it inside and it foams up and lifts the dirt etc out... also smells better afterwards!! Carpet cleaner is ok but it has some nasty chemicals in sometimes and may irritate your head if not wiped out and left to dry long enough..

Thanks, I'll check out the helmet cleaner. I didn't know it existed.