Doug's Wheelie

dabber

that front wheel motor belongs in the bin

Well it's pretty essential as it stabilisera the front Wheel because of the gyro effect. Btw the northernmost wch point scoring rider (well could be a fin or norwegian up there) lasse holmberg Hudik (wch venue 86 and 93) tried to wheelie round a 4km mx Course with his yam ty but failed as his front Wheel moto gave up. Could be strong ofc. Btw there's a rumour about Toni bou riding down from the top of the ski slopes of rabassa to sån Julia in andorra on the front Wheel if dougie succedes and prolly 2 3 Times to match the distance. He wanted to frontwheely down Mount Everest first but his employee montesa thought is was to risky and expensive...??

Btw my pad is rubbish translation evert singel word to swenglish ?

Well it's pretty essential as it stabilisera the front Wheel because of the gyro effect. Btw the northernmost wch point scoring rider (well could be a fin or norwegian up there) lasse holmberg Hudik (wch venue 86 and 93) tried to wheelie round a 4km mx Course with his yam ty but failed as his front Wheel moto gave up. Could be strong ofc. Btw there's a rumour about Toni bou riding down from the top of the ski slopes of rabassa to sån Julia in andorra on the front Wheel if dougie succedes and prolly 2 3 Times to match the distance. He wanted to frontwheely down Mount Everest first but his employee montesa thought is was to risky and expensive...??

Btw my pad is rubbish translation evert singel word to swenglish ?

Not really. I can wheelie until my arms or lower back are too sore and have no trouble when the front wheel stops. Just means turning using pegs instead of the bars.

Not at all. Of course it helps, it's just stupid and unnecessary. They may as well add one of those dumb craig jones wheelie school bars so he can't loop out. After that they could look into installing some kind of third wheel so he doesn't need to wheelie at all.

• Like 1

Who's up for a "proper" wheelie record? Does that even exist?

And is it also improper to add an extra fuel tank? Otherwise "proper" trial bikes wouldn't even have a chance to begin with. The same goes for the adaptation of the gearbox.

I'm just saying, the one who actually is setting a record, also get's to shoose the conditions (that have been previously agreed up on) he want's to abide by.

Meanwhile, here's another "cheater". He did for 200 miles. Respect!  :P

Edited by guys
  • Like 4

but can anybody do a proper wheelie for 2 hrs on a std trials bike??

Why don't you try jimmyl, my guess would be 10 mins maximum for us mere mortals, And as for 'on a standard bike' unless you rigged up some sort of refuelling meathod to top up a tank that would only take you about a third of the a lap per fill, your not going the distance.

Wish Doug the best of luck with it though.