Classic Sport In The Midlands

laird387

Hi,

In 2002 I published an A4 hardback book of 192 pages, entitled 'Midlands Rich Mixture' written by Bob Light.  It was a limited edition book of just seven hundred copies and it will never be published again in printed format.  Occasionally one sees copies in bookshops and prices vary between £75 and £110.

It is a comprehensive account of the development of all motorcycle sport in the midlands between 1930 and 1950 and covers all formats.  

Starting in issue 47 of our digital magazine I am republishing the entire book in serialised form except in this version where we have found additional archive images that were not available in 2002, they will be included.  Whilst the ORRe costs £12 for an annual subscription, with that you will also gain instant access to ALL the back copies (45 so far) which already include the serialised versions of 'Lochaber Rich Mixture' the illustrated history of the SSDT, 'First Rich Mixture' (motorcycle sport in the western centre), 'Bikes - Camera - Action' by Gordon Francis and also the last book that Max King wrote, but sadly died before it could be published.

There are several more books that I published which will be given the same treatment.

Watch this space..............

post-19290-0-43660400-1472464493_thumb.jpg

Hi

My name is Paul & have came across your site while trying to research my family history, I am related to Arthur Barnett & Gordon Ingelsby Francis of Francis-Barnett Motorcycles & was wondering if the Late Gordon Francis whose photos you feature is related to Gordon Ingelsby Francis as I thought I had read that his son was a motorbike photographer. Any information would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Edited by phillips4

Hi Paul,

Give me the birth date of Gordon Inglesby Francis and I will try to help by checking whether his son could have been alive when my great friend Gordon was!  Myself I think it unlikely since Gordon's interest in photography actually started when he was drafted into the Photographic Section during his National Service in the RAF - he himself was a keen car person, production car trials especially.

Thanks for your quick reply, Gordon Inglesby Francis was born 1890-1975, he had a son called Gordon Cedric Francis born 1922 & married in 1948, wondered if this makes him too old if he had a son also called Gordon which would be your friend?

Really appreciate your help & time

Cheers