Tlr200 Reflex Mud Flap/guard

trialtrial

I am just finishing up my restoration of my TLR200 reflex.  Since I am not using the stock air filter - I am using the carb and uni filter from mid-atlantic trials, I need some type of mud flap/guard for the area between the stock mud guard, down to the swing arm.

I am curious - have others encountered this?  What did you do?

I suppose I could just get some rubber sheet and put it in with quick ties...

That`s funny as K&N actually made a filter for the reflex. The xr 100 will also fit. To get real air flow cut the top of the air box using a current filter. Say, a Sherco filter off a 2008. Not running an air box is just silly on a trials bike. Fair weathered riding?   

Edited by lineaway
  • Like 4

I removed the intake silencer (top of stock airbox ) and used a portion of a old tore up K&N to shelter the now much larger airbox inlet . And the K&N made for the reflex ...

And so far no carolina mud has made it all they way into the airbox , and it has been under water/mud . :)

• 4 weeks later...

I made a template of cardboard that fit just inside the frame tubes and around the exhaust pipe. On my way to the truck stop to purchase a flat fiberglass reinforced mud flap for a tractor/trailer, I noticed one lying in a ditch. I shaped it with a band saw and drilled holes around the perimeter so that I could secure it with safety wire.  The area closest to the pipe smoked and stunk for a little while at first.   

• Like 1