Sy250 Water Pump Impeller Removal

moulder

Hi,

03 SY250

Trying to remove the water pump impeller in order to remove the RHS engine case to inspect the clutch. Does the impeller pull off with the Case? I do not want to simply pull the impellor out if it's fixed behind the case etc and potentially break something . I can only assume that the impeller & shaft assemble can be pulled out with some pliers or the impeller is attached to the shafts with a LH thread? Either way do I pull the impellor off with the Case or am I missing something? The impeller appears to be the only thing holding case on now that I have removed the bolts, kick-start & water pump case.

Cheers

Tony

Been looking how to do this recently as I think my seal on the impeller is leaking.

From what I understand it should just come off with the case, and is held on behind with a nut on the end of the spline.

I'm going to do my seal at the weekend do will let you know if it's any different,

BTW if you search thehellteam, you can find the full scorpa engine manual on that site, GL ?

Actually ended up doing it last night, it's attached to the case and held in place with a circlip and a small dowl through the shaft,

On a slightly different note that water seal was a nightmare to hook out, took me about an hour before it surrendered

Actually ended up doing it last night, it's attached to the case and held in place with a circlip and a small dowl through the shaft,

On a slightly different note that water seal was a nightmare to hook out, took me about an hour before it surrendered

• 2 weeks later...

• 2 weeks later...