Would You Buy A New 4Rt Or Modify Your Current 4Rt?

sando994

I have a 2015 4rt (standard) fitted with a twin map PTB.

I'm toying with the idea of either buying a new 2017 4rt, or spending the £1500-£2000 it would cost to upgrade on mods for my 15.

Keeping in mind that I already have a PTB. What mods would you want for your 4rt, if you had £2k to spend??

Flat tank?

Ohlins rear shock?

Termignoni exhaust?

Mitani exhaust (front pipe or full system)?

Shock link plates?

Different anodised "bling"?

The list is endless! But if you had the 2k what would you buy?

Tyres, trials school and gym membership probably make more difference than anything you can do to the biike unkess you are riding expert.

I have good tyres, attend a trials school every year and exercise at least 3 times per week.

To me, the R16V has always seemed very stiff and assumed it would bed in.... It has slightly but still don't get any real feedback from the rear and really have to work it.

The only reason I'm thinking of buying the ohlins is that I would rather improve my bike than buy, what is basically, the same bike with new graphics and a longer kickstart.

I have an 06 Repsol wanting to buy 2017 300rr my 06 has been a true work horse still getting after it . I just want the 300 would really like to see a special FUJIGAS edition in a 300 hes great for the sport and is a true showman and not that bad a rider either.First met Fugi at a world round in Tennessee he really played the crowd.

I have 2015 std bike, s3 pipe, softer map and an ohlins shock. I like the tech fiorks. Back end doesnt seem radically different with the ohlins but on ricks and streams you can just keep the front light and everything takrs care of the rest.

Maybe get the post 16 footrest hangers - probably about £50 set. Rest is pretty much bling unless you are doing lots of muddy/ climbs when a few more cc maybe benrficial.