New Alpinestars Tech T, Faulty

toneh

I have the latest pair, the sizes of mine were out of whack. I ordered mine and in the dealers swapped them at once for a larger size which I have never needed for anything else.

So with these I suggest 'Try before you buy.'

I agree with comments that a diplomatic approach usually unlocks the doors quickest and easiest.

To be fair yours is pretty straight forward

With mine they want to inspect before a warranty claim , only I don't live near the dealer

So it's post or 170 mile round trip just to take my boots , and alpinestars say any claim must be through a dealer and sent back to them for inspection and that's Italy

So who's kidding who here

I'm not being awkward or unreasonable

I just want my boots sorting

Without having to post them off and waiting god knows how long

Problem is that the dealer thinks it's necessary to send the boots back to Alpinestars to sort out your problem. That's wrong. He should agree they are not fit for purpose and by law refund or replace them himself, it's his responsibility as a trader. If he was wants to take it up with Alpinestars to claim back his costs of the faulty goods that's up to him. You should not be inconvenienced.

I'm really sorry to hear you're having such difficulties, it's wrong and unfair.

• Like 1

Also note that, if you bought the boots with a credit card and the dealer won't play ball, under section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act the card company is held equally liable for refund for faulty goods and so you would be entitled to your money back from them. This is often invoked when there is a dispute with the supplier as in your case and usually works out in a quicker resolution with less hassle.

I have the same colorway and my white on the side of the boots is similar looking.  I've ridden at least 20 hours in them and they seem to be holding up fine.  I figured the side was cut from a less than perfect hide and it's more cosmetic than anything.  I love these boots compared to my Gaerne boots, I'm just going to keep wearing them until they fall to bits and I think that may be longer than you think.  I got such a good deal from Freestyle Extreme, I'm happy. 

With that said, I hope you get the resolution you want on your boots.  Good luck!

Edited by nhuskys

Regarding patience, I'm lucky that I've spare boots to use if they are away on a tour of the world ( there's been times I haven't ) not everyone's got a couple of pairs of boots

Especially folks new to the sport , what happens then

Ride in your socks ?

Or spend another couple of hundred to replace the faulty ones that you also purchased for a couple of hundred

Or maybe turn up at a trial and ask total strangers to borrow some boots

No, I would have used wellies.

I've had numerous emails stating ,exactly

What they will and won't do

As for digging heels in , I don't think im being unreasonable by not wanting to pay shipping costs to return virtually brand new boots and wait for who knows how long to find out what they intend to do

I'm not saying you're unreasonable. I'm just saying I probably would have paid the few bob for shipping to the dealer (and ask kindly for a refund of the shipping costs), so the boots would probably be in Italy by now.

Since you know exactly what Alpinestars is willing to do, you can either start contacting consumer-aid or something like that, or do the above. But you already know that.
Good luck, I hope it's resolved soon.

ps. You might be a victim of a conspiracy against Brittain because of the Brexit vote. But don't tell anyone I told you that. :ph34r:  ... What!? Too soon?

I'm not betting , because I think they'll probably be the same as well

No not pressure washed , I noticed they went like that during the trial

And it looks like getting them wet isn't the issue

I've had a pm Where a couple of pair have done it when dry

And it all usually seems on one boot only

If the new pair go the same I'm just gonna wear them and see what happens

Can't be doing with keep messing about with them

I'm not betting , because I think they'll probably be the same as well

No not pressure washed , I noticed they went like that during the trial

And it looks like getting them wet isn't the issue

I've had a pm Where a couple of pair have done it when dry

And it all usually seems on one boot only

If the new pair go the same I'm just gonna wear them and see what happens

Can't be doing with keep messing about with them

So your explanation of "but what if you only have one pair" was just an excuse to make a point!?
Good to know.
Edited by guys

I had a problem with the leather on my 7 week old no-stop boots. The leather was very poor.

I did have to return them to the Alpinestars dealer where I purchased them from.

Then they needed to ship them to Alpinestars HQ.

About 4 weeks later i received a brand new pair...

In the mean time i purchased some Wolf boots which i'm still using. I sold the brand new Alpinestars i received as the leather still looked poor quality.

Good Alpinestars service, but the timescale of 4 weeks was a little OTT 

• Like 1