Testing Injector

lotus54

I have a little 'burble' at very small throttle openings I only have ever had if the play was really knackered or the TPS needed reset.

(Runs great everywhere else and mixture appears great on the plug- running SSDT Hard map)

So I decided it would be a good time to just check everything anyway ((290 hours).

Reeds good, new sparking plug

Idle right, TPS set to .6V and set to EC

Air filter clean

Cleaned sensor in lower airbox

I did see a little corrosion on the ECU connections (dang it!). Attempting to clean well. That could be my issue.

BUT I wanted to test the injector to see what the pattern looked like.

When I do the injector test in the software, it just clicks the injector, the fuel pump is not running so no fuel comes out.

Any ideas?

Mark

Edited by lotus54

Wurth products makes a connector cleaner/lubricant that works great on small connectors . CRC makes a electronic parts cleaner that works good too .

Sorry I don't know how the pump is controlled  , but you may be able to power it up completely disconnected from the bikes wiring , To prevent any short back to the bike . And get your fuel pressure that way , or if there is a fuel pressure check mode , it should hold enough residual pressure to fire the injector one or two times if your quick  ....  

Edited by axulsuv

To test injectors I rig up a pressurised petrol supply (40 PSI) using a regulator, but a supply from a tyre inflated to 30 PSI plus should do.

To supply the injector with electrical pulses I have an old model railway transformer that can supply AC or pulsed DC. I generally test at 25 Hz pulsed DC, starting at low voltage and turning it up until it is just sufficient to fire the injector. I would think tapping the wire on a battery terminal would work reasonably.

Remember injectors are only meant to be fire for a few m/sec. Keeping the current on longer will trash them

EDIT - remember electrical sparks + sprayed petrol = explosion      Probably best to do test in garden. I only use a small volume of petrol, probably about 2 to 3 cc per injector.

Edited by dadof2

To test injectors I rig up a pressurised petrol supply (40 PSI) using a regulator, but a supply from a tyre inflated to 30 PSI plus should do.

To supply the injector with electrical pulses I have an old model railway transformer that can supply AC or pulsed DC. I generally test at 25 Hz pulsed DC, starting at low voltage and turning it up until it is just sufficient to fire the injector. I would think tapping the wire on a battery terminal would work reasonably.

Remember injectors are only meant to be fire for a few m/sec. Keeping the current on longer will trash them

EDIT - remember electrical sparks + sprayed petrol = explosion Probably best to do test in garden. I only use a small volume of petrol, probably about 2 to 3 cc per injector.

And having done all that, how do you identify a "burble" ?

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...