Jotagas Suspension Settings

robbly15

I have an Elka shock on my 2015 JGas. I do not know what the factory settings were (I got my bike 2nd hand) but I initially set my rear damping at mid-range, then set static sag according to this article https://www.joomag.com/magazine/trials-enduro-news-december-2014-volume-49-issue-12/0716551001416757092?page=54 by adjusting rear pre-tension. But found that for me I liked about 42% of overall travel to suit me and our riding terrain. But I also made sure that the front and rear worked together. Also, before setting the rear, I set my front forks to what I felt suited me (~74kg body weight and I like softer springy settings than hard). I found through examination of fork oil properties that Motul 2.5W Fork Oil had same properties in viscosity as what was recommended in the Jotagas owners manual (and importantly Motul was available in one of my local bike shops). But depending on personal preference, body/riding weight, riding style and terrain that is being ridden, then suspension needs will differ but from what I understand the front and rear need to be able to work together. I have then adjusted front and rear damping according to terrain being practiced and competed.

So, sorry, I have not answered your question directly, but those are my experiences.

• Like 1