Tr77 (Again!) - What Is This Bit? And Also...

t20racerman

Hi again

Re the Ossa clutch - how far down should the springs go, and what do you use in the holes in the end of the threaded adjuster pegs? Is just wiring them up OK?

Also, what is this bit?

post-21505-0-53910100-1476037867_thumb.jpg

post-21505-0-21137000-1476037891_thumb.jpg

I'm guessing from the bolt length it fits on the timing cover casing - the top bolt by the clutch arm? If so, why? If not - where and why? This has got me puzzled I must say.

Thanks

Adrian

I've screwed springs down just enough so that I can get lock wire through each of the threaded stubs. All seems to work well?

As for the fitting mine has one at the top bolt next to the clutch arm as you say but my stator wires exit from there so thought it was to protect wires from the flywheel.

• Like 1

I tighten the the clutch springs down just enough to be able to get a split pin through, then lay the bike in its side and pull the clutch lever in and put a strap around it then put the bike in 5th gear and turn the rear wheel around and you can see the clutch spin and fine tune it to get the plates to spin level. Hopefully it is less likley to slip.  

• Like 1