Why Can't You Bump Start A Gg Txt Pro?

miner

As above..... been wondering the last twice I've pushed the thing home after it wouldn't hot start!

Assume it's the way the clutch is designed to lock up? Maybe to stop it stalling as easy when holding it at low revs/on the brakes whilst balancing?

It seems theres 3 ways to start a GG Pro, if it doesnt start within 4 kicks of each of these theres a problem. Either no throttle and kick with choke off, kick with throttle and choke off, or kick with full choke and no throttle. When I first got my Gasser I had a few problems hot starting it, but got the technique now. Bump starting seems to be a bad idea on the Pros, the gearboxes are abit flimsy for that sorta abuse.

OuiNon - no/maybe? Pretty desperately tried everything..... seems counter intuitive though, my KTM 525X has a big red anti-choke (hot start) knob to do just the opposite of that..... does it work for GG?

heffergm - tried 1-3, thinking maybe higher but would need a big hill and some grip.... no danger of bumping my 300 EXC down a dune with no traction..... thump it and Gas it!

I have seen someone start a 300 GG pro in 1st gear but it took a lot of technique.  A short mild down hill, a big nose wheelie plus a clutch dump while slamming the back tire into the ground.  This was on a bet and not his normal start method.   

If it will start with a bump if its not flooded then its technique.

The main thing is speed of kick as the faster you kick the better it is, not a heavy kick but a fast one.

Generally when hot no throttle or just a little at the end of the kick when the motor is spinning over.

Its much easier to show than explain!

assumes its a correctly set up carb of course........