Do All Swm's 'four Stroke' At Idle?

iconic558

Discussed my SWM with factory rider Giavani Tosco (I think that is right) at the 78 SSDT and he said I should reduce the amount of oil in the fuel as they didn't need as much as the Monts Ossas Bultos of the day. Did this and it ran perfect from then. From memory I reckon I must have been running at around 40/1 at the time and he said 80/1. Too worried to go that far I think I settled for somewhere in between and that fixed it for me. With modern day oil technology you could probably go a bit further, so it might be worth going down that route if you are currently on a low ratio.

Of course the carb is always there to be tinkered with....

To the mixture I use between 1:66,7 - 1:71, which is around 75 - 70ml of oil to 5l of gas with no problems? (gas: 102 ethanol free pump gas or Aspen fuel, oil: half synthtetic IPONE or Plutoline trials).

To the stroking you might please check:

- air filter foam which might be clogged or over oiled or to dense

(I personal use as little as possible, soak the filter first in oil but then squeeze
  immediately all out again, which leaves an oily coating and a good air flow)

The airfilter should be a bit thicker than standard, (around 15mm instead of 10mm or less),

good stuff: http://www.wms-online.de/product_info.php/products_id/1330/name/Luftfiltereinsatz_Malossi_-_Suzuki_Burgman_400.html )

- wrong slide?, (should be 60),

- worn slide and thus needle and needle jet?, (X2 for needle and 266AV for needle jet),

- wrong jets? (main 90 and pilot 60)

- check fuel screw, screwing in means lean, screwing out rich, just the opposite to many SuHonYamKas ...

Sorry forgot to mention other than the idle four stroking she carburates sweet as and picks up from nothing and will chug up hill on idle to.....revving out she sounds like she is running a little lean if anything.

Running 50:1 full synthetic Putolene no excess smoke.

The carb was brand new before I bought her so I need to check specs.