Do All Swm's 'four Stroke' At Idle?

iconic558

I think it's just the gas I used, picture was taken when I took out the bike for the first ride after hibernation in mid February when we luckily had nice weather (not common).

I still had some gasoline over from the last year and used these around two liters it up that day, before refueling with fresh fuel.

That is a very normal SWM 276, perhaps with a few hours on the piston and crank.

However, it will run and sound a bit meatier when you clean and re-pack the mid silencer, or even more so if you rebuild and modify the rear can. All that is very easy sheet metal and welding work, worth a bit of torque at the very low end.

Hi, here's my 'Rat' idling today as a reference (maybe) ;o]

I forgot to add that the rear box has been modded as documented elswhere. The guts have been ripped out and replaced with a perforated tube and repacked.

Makes a simple absorber out of it and saves a lot of weight. Feels nicer lowdown and is a bit more responsive. Getting there with the mods. The big build might come soon or maybe even not.

Edited by brownie001
  • Like 1