bdmc

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Could it be a case of mission accomplished, as it certainly stopped

the TBM mag from going into print.

From a personal view I don,t think the content was good enough. Just check

out the French YOU HAVE USED WORDS OR A PHRASE WHICH ARE NOT PERMITTED ON THIS WEBSITE. PLEASE DELETE YOUR POST/TOPIC. DO NOT TRY TO CIRCUMVENT THE FILTERS IN PLACE ON THIS WEBSITE. Trials world was not different enough from TMX.

I subscribe, and I have not had a letter yet. That would be a shame. The bike tests don't tell you anything, I think for fear of upsetting the importers, but the rest of the mag is brilliant and the photograohy is spot on. It's the only mag out there that is purely dedicated to trials so this has got to be a bad thing.

The company that owns trials world and t&mx are tightening their belts throughout their other publications so this comes as no surprise to me.

Just to prove that all trials riders are tight fisted, whats going to happen to my subscription money.

Roll on the TBM YOU HAVE USED WORDS OR A PHRASE WHICH ARE NOT PERMITTED ON THIS WEBSITE. PLEASE DELETE YOUR POST/TOPIC. DO NOT TRY TO CIRCUMVENT THE FILTERS IN PLACE ON THIS WEBSITE version..............far better IMHO as a mag and the trials features each month in TBM are superb.Mike Rapley writes it.

Tells it, like it is.............bar non.......no poncing to the Importers

Trialsworld...........bought it once and thought it was complete rubbish.....totally lacking in editorial style - just like MX News every week.

Read the Gasser 2T enduro test last week and it was complete tosh...........no comparisons to any other bikes in same cc class eg KTM/Husky/TM..........just a load of blah........blah

Why do we keep buying T&MX?????????

I thought there were some damn well written articles in TWM, this months has some interesting interviews with Legeune and the boss of Montesa. The format was also excellent. Lets hope some of this will transfer across to T&MX. I wonder if Trail Bike Magazine will now go and publish a YOU HAVE USED WORDS OR A PHRASE WHICH ARE NOT PERMITTED ON THIS WEBSITE. PLEASE DELETE YOUR POST/TOPIC. DO NOT TRY TO CIRCUMVENT THE FILTERS IN PLACE ON THIS WEBSITE.

I think that T&MX should publish an annual YOU HAVE USED WORDS OR A PHRASE WHICH ARE NOT PERMITTED ON THIS WEBSITE. PLEASE DELETE YOUR POST/TOPIC. DO NOT TRY TO CIRCUMVENT THE FILTERS IN PLACE ON THIS WEBSITE, reviewing the previous years WTC, British Championships. People might be a bit more inclined to purchase a one off annual.

TMX and Trials World both have the same publisher and outlook, they are written by fans of the sport who have to make it pay, so we get bland reviews of bikes that say that each new bike is better than the previous otherwise they wouldn't get the bikes to test.

We get event reports written by enthusiasts in which we all feel we should have been mentioned, even when we finished 20th out of 50.

What I suspect we want are frank reviews that are open and honest, and reports that read like the sports pages of the tabloids.

However we have to be realistic, we love a minority sport, more people play Bridge at their local Bridge club than ride trials each week but, when did you last see Bridge News on sale at your local newsagents? Long may TMX , however flawed keep it up.