Ossa Newbie

tahoebrian5

I've got a new to me 2015 Tr250. I know absolutely nothing about these bikes. Is there any good resources? Any knowledge you care to share is appreciated (I could not even find the fuel on/off valve!) okay I'm off to see if I can find an owners manual online.

I've got a new to me 2015 Tr250. I know absolutely nothing about these bikes. Is there any good resources? Any knowledge you care to share is appreciated (I could not even find the fuel on/off valve!) okay I'm off to see if I can find an owners manual online.

So you decided to go for the ossa. Good luck with your new bike.

Thanks for the replies, I do have a couple questions, and the owners manual I found was completely worthless.

1) I'm assuming there is no reserve for the fuel?

2) I believe I have the 2015 model.. Is there a dual map function? Maybe a plug?

3) I was told to use 120:1 fuel mixture. Comments?

4) I have an ohlins shock. Is the rebound adjuster on the bottom?

Thanks for the replies, I do have a couple questions, and the owners manual I found was completely worthless.

1) I'm assuming there is no reserve for the fuel?

2) I believe I have the 2015 model.. Is there a dual map function? Maybe a plug?

3) I was told to use 120:1 fuel mixture. Comments?

4) I have an ohlins shock. Is the rebound adjuster on the bottom?

Bike looks very nice! 

About the questions:

1. Nope, no reserve. There is an option to have a fuel indicator light. I never bothered and just fuel up when I think it's time (till now not an issue).

2. Similar to the first: a dual map can be installed. The wiring loom provides the required connections. Will need mapping by the dealer or someone else with software & cable. 

3. I am running 1:110 with Motul 800 to stay on the safe side. Mixture depends on use: for pottering about 1:120 will do fine.

4. Both adjusters are on the top of the shock. Removal of the exhaust is required to have good access (though some people have really tiny fingers / high mechanical skills and can adjust the shock without removal of the exhaust). 

I have a 2015/250 as well and really like it. 

Maintenance so far: change oil (Motul ATF Dextron III) regularly and lube the chain... 

Edited by tcrhino

Well I've been out 3 times and loving the bike. Having a few minor maintenance issues. Rear tire is losing air. I'm new to tubeless so looking for ideas. Crankcase is leaking when I left it overnight leaned to the right. Need to investigate further. And the rear brake has not much power. Will try to lightly sand the pads and bleed. Anyway tips or advice very welcome. Thanks!

Bike looks very nice!

About the questions:

1. Nope, no reserve. There is an option to have a fuel indicator light. I never bothered and just fuel up when I think it's time (till now not an issue).

2. Similar to the first: a dual map can be installed. The wiring loom provides the required connections. Will need mapping by the dealer or someone else with software and cable.

3. I am running 1:110 with Motul 800 to stay on the safe side. Mixture depends on use: for pottering about 1:120 will do fine.

4. Both adjusters are on the top of the shock. Removal of the exhaust is required to have good access (though some people have really tiny fingers / high mechanical skills and can adjust the shock without removal of the exhaust).

I have a 2015/250 as well and really like it.

Maintenance so far: change oil (Motul ATF Dextron III) regularly and lube the chain...

Thanks for the info. Can you tell me how to check the oil level? And also the fill amount for changing oil? Sorry for the simple questions. Lack of documentation is surprising. Maybe there is a service manual available?

Documentation is available on http://www.ossamotor.es

Changing oil is a fairly simple job. For draining the old oil not only the drain plug -left hand side of the engine- must be used but also the bottom left bolt on the clutch cover. Or, what I do, loosening all bolts on the clutch cover a few turns. And change the oil when its hot, must easier draining!

I refill with approx. 400 ml.