The First Chinese Trials Bike

stelio10gr

Interesting, why Canada sure there's a sensible answer.

Over here there's a problem with lack of  cheaper bikes for people wanting to start trials, not saying this is the answer but if priced right it would help.

To me it looks a bit too complicated but I'm often wrong, it might be what the market wants.

Chinese engineering is one of two things; cheap and a bit poor or world class.  Their domestic market is growing and no doubt for trials bikes as well as other automotive markets.  The Canadian website has some odd choices of photos but the components look OK.  Perhaps this bike is worth a look?  There are a lot of Chinese bikes in the UK in the small road category, scooters, mopeds and suchlike.  Most of the ones I have seen are not really than much cheaper and are not really all that good in terms of build quality.

i would think the main issue is spares and after sales.  It will take (in my view) a few years before the Chinese bike can build up a decent dealer network and spares service.  The UK market is well served and there are lots of very good machines to choose from.  I can see the USP of electric start is one advantage though - my missus would like that!

200cc four stroke?  Not sure.

I spent a month working in Zhengzhou in 2018 & 1 thing i noticed was NO petrol Motorcycles / scooters, i was told it was illegal to have a petrol motorcycle in the area & a lot of China. Maybe they will bring out an electric 1 soon also ?

On 12/25/2016 at 5:43 PM, iconic558 said:

Thats brought some memories back. I used to grind jobs to these tolerances when i was an apprentice back in tbe early 80's. Job was left to condition (stabilize) in a standards room for 8 hours (temperature and humidity controlled area)....measure, grind, stabilze and remeasure and so on.

As part of our fitting module we made a 1" cube that was flat, square and parallel to 2.5 hundredths of a mil' by hand....using nothing but a file.

Using nothing but a file....no measuring instruments then?

On 1/2/2019 at 8:53 AM, breagh said:

Interesting, why Canada sure there's a sensible answer.

Over here there's a problem with lack of  cheaper bikes for people wanting to start trials, not saying this is the answer but if priced right it would help.

To me it looks a bit too complicated but I'm often wrong, it might be what the market wants.

because they would put up some money to import without trying one "in the field".

Plenty here in the uk have looked at this but a decent market for a low grade low price bike just isnt there in most peoples opimion?

ric h thanks for taking the trouble show us the video, that is a nice looking trials bike and would certainly do for me to plod about on. It looks to be just as well made as the Spanish offerings, if not better! If the cost new in the UK was as is being suggested then the value of second hand bikes for sale at the same level is going to take a hit. Stood alongside the competition the Chinese machine only loses out on weight, I suspect thats down to the starter motor. 

Edited by section swept

Lots of chat on the ADV rider trials forum about this new bike. They just had a good showing at the Toronto motorcycle show and I am hoping the distributer will lend me one for motorcycle show here in Halifax. The Canadian market is very small compared to the UK and a reasonably priced starter bike may be a big help to the sport - there are lots of opinions on the subject but my opinion is that anybody trying to grow the sport is way better than anyone who sits back and complains about things without doing anything positive to help out. 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, michael_t said:

Lots of chat on the ADV rider trials forum about this new bike. They just had a good showing at the Toronto motorcycle show and I am hoping the distributer will lend me one for motorcycle show here in Halifax. The Canadian market is very small compared to the UK and a reasonably priced starter bike may be a big help to the sport - there are lots of opinions on the subject but my opinion is that anybody trying to grow the sport is way better than anyone who sits back and complains about things without doing anything positive to help out. 

Surely its the opposite, why buy a new overweight fourstroke when you can get a really good secondhand bike for the same money, cant see the logic.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, nigel dabster said:

Surely its the opposite, why buy a new overweight fourstroke when you can get a really good secondhand bike for the same money, cant see the logic.

That's the logic applied to road going 125s, but there's heaps of Lexmotos on the road because teenagers would rather have a short lived new bike than an everlasting used one.

1 hour ago, baldilocks said:

Much of this was said about the xispa, the bike would be cheaper,  current manufacturers would struggle to compete,  second hand prices would plummet.

When the bike arrived it was rubbish 

So the odds of this one being rubbish are less, Chinese manufacturers are good at learning from mistakes