The First Chinese Trials Bike

stelio10gr

On 2/9/2019 at 3:00 PM, 2stroke4stroke said:

Surely an enthusiastic importer should not have to be bodging up the exhaust on a machine produced in 2018 by one of the world's biggest manufacturing nations?

While that test was not carried out to the FIM standard it doesn't lead me to think that the bike would pass such a test, which involves full throttle.

Yes. There is the small matter of being EU complient too?

3 hours ago, nigel dabster said:

Hasnt it been sent over as a test bike, he hasnt actually bought it?

You could be right.In the video,he appears to be riding it like he stole it.

3 hours ago, nigel dabster said:

Yes. There is the small matter of being EU complient too?

I'm not aware of how tough the certification would be.With a fuel injected four stroke,i can't see it being a problem.You would know about these things better than me.

2 hours ago, ric h said:

I'm not aware of how tough the certification would be.With a fuel injected four stroke,i can't see it being a problem.You would know about these things better than me.

The 4rt comes with a street legal kit and a full power kit:wall: - not sure what homologaton is need for what though 

On 3/21/2019 at 10:38 AM, ric h said:

You could be right.In the video,he appears to be riding it like he stole it.

I think its the cost which would be prohibitive

7 hours ago, ric h said:

What was the problem with my post about distribution in the USA? Maybe i don't know the secret handshake.

Maybe the secret is you have to pay for advertising ?

Edited by b40rt
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎1‎/‎21‎/‎2019 at 2:58 PM, sectionone said:

If someone wanted to make their own bike they could buy a Chinese crate engine, build frame and source other parts. There's even a 2 stroke option with electric start with counterbalancer. Engines would probably cost half or less if bought from the source. The horizontal pit bike engines would have a lot of low end grunt. The Chinese even make a KTM 105cc 2 stroke clone engine which would be very light and good for trials if tuned correctly. 

https://gpxmoto.com/index.php?route=product/category&path=10

http://www.shinebike.com/product-detail-232309.html

Jon Bliss from up in the Cotswolds, in England has made himself a trials bike with a TRS frame and a cheap Chinese 200cc (I think) 4 stroke engine.  The curious thing is that the motor looks more "right" in the frame than the TRS motor that it replaced.  

• 2 weeks later...

10 hours ago, eddie_lejeune said:

I don't like the swining arm design, it will fill up with mud and will also cut a hole in your boots potentially.

A local rider has one, well local (ish), he rides our events.  anyway back to topic at hand, he has stated that he has has quite a bit of mud accumulate on the top of the swing arm but never in the sides.

The day I got the look at the bike was an event my club was hosting and it was a mud fest, and sure enough I did not see any mud in the sides of the swing arm.

As for the potential boot damage............. I don't know one way or the other