What Is Actually Known About Bou & ' Fujis Bike.

billyt

The way I read it they didn't need the twin plugs until they increased motor size to 313cc. 

That's what I got from the text. I'd suspected they had separate maps for each plug, and apparently that's the case. So there can be a lot of control of the burn by changing how the plugs fire as a function of TP and RPM.

This new works engine was first used in FIM competition in 2013 -- the first year of the new no-stop rule. Don't know if that had anything to do with it.

Another change in that engine is cases that have clutch slave cylinder mounting on the left side. So the clutch configuration can be similar to a 315r, CRF250R/450R, Beta, Sherco, ... with pushrod through the main shaft. If you look back at WTC photos from 2013 on, Bou used the new clutch configuration for part of 2013 and then went back to the same clutch-cover actuation as stock bikes. Fujinami used the newer clutch longer, but has been back on the clutch-cover actuation for a while now. All competition photos I've seen of Busto -- when it could be determined -- show him using clutch-cover actuation.

The interview had some vague wording about importance of clutch in trials. But didn't go into the use of left-side actuation and going back to clutch-cover actuation.

If you look at current photos, you can see a simple plate covering the slave cylinder mounting location on the left side, and clutch hose / banjo bolt / etc. on the right side of the Repsol-Honda Team bikes.

• Like 3

Well if you make it to Kingman next year, you will get to see the engineers chase Fuji and Bou around.

No need for that Bob. Maps are available and bikes are ready to go. It's an easy swap to do before you get there. If you do it at all.

I was just at the TdN at Isola 2000 meters, (6000 feet ). No need for engineers chasing anybody. You need to get up to date Bob. Your last World Round was what 10 years ago.

Speaking of chasing, I seem to be chasing you a lot lately ...........

Edited by martin belair

I scored Tennessee in `13 and watched Fuji and company during practice being chased by which engineer? Fuji was p****d off at the bike! Seemed to be the new two plug engine. Lap top in hand. Or was I just dreaming that a laptop could fix his problem?

PS. Martin there is nothing wrong that EFI bikes make last minute adjustments at that riding level!

Edited by lineaway

• 2 weeks later...