2017 Txt Gp

faussy

Sooooo your all aware that the Milan show is happening this week right? Expect other manufactures to release their goods as well. Sorry to see this gp with a carb to be honest... the xiu rdi drop in fuel injected upgrade was thought of as the "next step". I expect trs to be sued by honda now that the have their own rr...

--Biff

For those who are conesseurs it,s not a big problem but it can be misleading for new to subject..eg. I just been researching motorhomes  and it,s the same confusion ..is it intended to be like buying electricity ,gas, telecoms etc. ad infinitum?. for an old scroat it.s just another element of modern living ...think we used to call it comparing eggs with eggs...if all these "businesses" and thier resellers clearly labelled/defined relativity of thier products they would sell similar volume but less profitably. Thank goodness (and proprietors of forums) buyers can sort the wheat from the chaff.

• 5 weeks later...

Compare the GasGas to the new kids on the block (JGAS, Vertigo and TRS) and you can see why GasGas haven't changed anything substantial for a long time. The engines already pretty small and the frame pretty minimal. Not really sure how they can improve without going completely radical, and that didn't work out too well for Ossa.

Close enough to the weight limit, and lighter makes failures (even ) more likely.

Quess there is even market for a little heavier and stronger versions for amatures.

The model is and has been good for over a decade, sales over the years say enough. The bikes have their disadvantages, but the model has been proven imo! A revolution like the pro? I dont see how they would do that, but well never say never.

Injection could be the future? But is it needed? Imo not, but quess this is personal preference.

I want one!

Edited by crazybond700

Good on Gas Gas, I'd love one of the GP ones after having the Raga's etc.

Gas Gas has been the benchmark for the others for years in terms of weight.

It's funny how when patents are now over 10 years old other 2t bikes, (except Beta who are still happy with the Techno bottom end still) suddenly got the 4/6 gearbox and I believe Sherco now have the diaphram clutch, probably see a beta with one soon.

The problem is the Std Racing is so well specced, the GP is a big price difference for essentially a bit of carbon and the 3 way Reiger. The old Raga and Factory were a bigger jump in spec to warrant the extra price.

• Like 1