Stupid Is As Stupid Does.

netley

Please excuse a fellow whose having some health problems but I am very old but have run Bulls for MANY Years, I

will share my knowledge to try to help.

(1) Never trust the new CONDENSER you can buy!! Add an automotive condenser beneath the tank!!!

(2) The carb looks Mikuni 26mm from locally, 100/120 pilot jets, 100/130 main jets.

(3) Timing, 2.8mm or pluss a little BTDC. firing.

(4) No idle on the throttle, start engine choke on , should start, let it warm up before trying to ask questions about leanness,

Please trust you have the BEST ENGINES ever !!!!

Good Luck

Larry

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Took the bike over to an engineer friend for an afternoon of drinking tea and fettling. Checked the carb and everything is as it should be.

Ordered an electronic ignition kit from Bultaco UK and it will arrive tomorrow. Watch this space......................

• Like 1

I'd been thinking of fitting electronic ignition for a while but thought maybe I should wait until after xmassmuss. Then I remembered I never buy anyone anything anyway so it's fitted and has runs like a dream so big thanks to all for advice and support.

Ho Ho Ho indeed ;)

• Like 1