Electric Gasgas With Clutch And Gearbox

guys

I had a yellow GG and they had silver and white... lots of colour options. Torrot already had electric bikes before buying GG. I believe the Torrot bike is a real bike and somewhat similar to the EM bikes that you can already buy here in North America. The GG bike seems like more of a mock up of what people would like to see in an electric trials bike with a real clutch. the EM clutch is more of an off switch which I feel is better than nothing. I was a little involved with a local university project building an electric trials bike and it had no clutch and you really do miss it.

• 4 weeks later...

I didn't say frame but I meant plastics. They were the chrome/silver frames at that point.

Colours used to be based on engine sizes, but that got shifted at some point. First pro's kind of did still have the collours.

200 and smaller where yellow

250 and 280 where blue,

300 have been grey, red etc

Yeah the scheme changed a little trough the years i quess :P from the txt the 250 270 were red (now pink, lol). the editions and first pro's 250/280 were blue. I think on the enduro's they also used this colors for a while.

Edited by crazybond700

I wonder if, when they release a finished product, there will be a conversion kit available for existing Gasgas' ... that would be a boon ^_^

All that they need now is a sound system that  plays out 2 stroke or 4stroke tunes and it may have a greater appeal.

I mostly want electric so it's quiet enough to ride in places where I can't currently get away with it on account of noise ... some kind of motor speed indicator will be needed if it's going to have a clutch and gears though, otherwise you would easily get in a real mess!

The air box should be filled with batteries. Make the old carb connection a plug and be done with it. A gasgas air box could go on and off in minutes.

--Biff

An excellent point, though I wonder if that would throw the front to rear weight ballance off

Hey Gas Gas; Why isn't the battery mounted across the top of the gearbox/motor, with the controller up out of possible wet stuff range.

Besides which is heavier?

A low C of G is kind a good to have.

And while they are at it, make the battery easily removable / swappable, so one can be on charge while using the other. Be the first and get ahead of the crowd.

• Like 2