Vertigo Running Problems

trialschris

As you say, why would you argue with factory instructions.  These guidelines come from the people that design and manufacture the bikes so all things being equal it should be accurate info.

Did they give you any insight as to why the capacitor failed? I wonder what the failure rate of this component is on other brands as I've heard a few vertigos afflicted by this.  Wonder if they are using inferior quality parts or something intrinsic to the vertigo setup is putting the part under strain?

Let us know if indeed the capacitor was the cause when you fit it please.

Hi Chris, No don't start it on Full throttle. A minor blip will help on a cold morning. Carry a spare Alkaline just to start it just in case the rechargeable is flat. The Problems Chris had were mainly to do with the Mapping and Spark plug. The fitted plug was a NGK BPMR6A which tended to fail. A switch to BPMR4 and a full remap sorted it.

I thought vertigo remapped all their UK bikes last May to run the identical map Dougie ran in Scotland.  Does bikes coming to the UK now have to have this map installed retrospectively or are the being supplied from the factory with this map - which is what I thought was happening.