nigel dabster

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This bike is owned by a friend of mine.

As far as we know it was built by Reg May for Walter Dalton, it's on a X registration plate so I make that 81 - 82. It's a 250 & probably the most noticable thing is the box section swinging arm with the altered pivot point.

post-2-1133047139.jpg

That's correct. It's a poly tank painted. My 340 tank has been painted for over 2 years now without a single blister in the paint. I treated bare plastic to a coating of adhesion promoter then painted with Speis Hecker two-pack primer and topcoat. Previously I had tried acrilic and cellulose based paints but they quickly blistered. The only problem I do have is with slight blistering of the decals.

• 2 months later...

Here is photo of my comerfords 199a Bultaco

All the mods of the era -

Longer front pipe

Modified rear mudguard loop

post-795-1139848437.jpg

Not as exciting as the 199b bikes, but still good to

ride.

(ps. If enyone is selling a 199b, in any condition, I am in the market)

Someday I'll pull out some of my old Bults and show them to ya. Up and running is my 325cc powered 158 model, which is the bike designed for the Spanish Champion in 1975. This bike really rocks!

Right now I'm rebuilding my 1975 world round bike which uses the same layout as the works Honda. The 158 model, the works Honda and my personal bike used similar frame layouts at that time. The production version of the Sherpa during that time frame was the 159, which is my least favorite Bultaco.

In my shed is two 199A models to be rebuilt someday. One stock except for the braced frame, a common mod for SoCal Experts at that time and then my radical 199b with alloy swingarm, airbox and long travel suspension front and back. Bob Miller and myself built and sold several replicas of this Section One trials products 199b sherpa. Every once and a while some of these bikes or parts show up and are considered very collectable.

The Vesty bike is very interesting! But that exsast is sure ugly and poorly built by todays standards!

Mich ,interesting to read your views. I can remember having a 158,which I really didn't like at all. I struggled to come to grips with the higher pegs, lower handlebar height and shorter wheelbase. I only rode it for a few months and eventually went back to, in my opinion, the more stable 159, which for me was an easier bike to ride. Did you use a standard 158 frame or was it modified. Cheers

• 16 years later...
On 2/15/2006 at 8:07 PM, mich lin said:

Someday I'll pull out some of my old Bults and show them to ya. Up and running is my 325cc powered 158 model, which is the bike designed for the Spanish Champion in 1975. This bike really rocks!

Right now I'm rebuilding my 1975 world round bike which uses the same layout as the works Honda. The 158 model, the works Honda and my personal bike used similar frame layouts at that time. The production version of the Sherpa during that time frame was the 159, which is my least favorite Bultaco.

In my shed is two 199A models to be rebuilt someday. One stock except for the braced frame, a common mod for SoCal Experts at that time and then my radical 199b with alloy swingarm, airbox and long travel suspension front and back. Bob Miller and myself built and sold several replicas of this Section One trials products 199b sherpa. Every once and a while some of these bikes or parts show up and are considered very collectable.

The Vesty bike is very interesting! But that exsast is sure ugly and poorly built by todays standards!

I know this is a very old thread but I believe I just found one of those section ones. 1EF12BEC-2C51-43C3-B25C-678BA121B916.thumb.jpeg.d0e1834407bab9a3f43bf9929bb1b29f.jpeg