Dabill Leaves Vertigo

telecat

From the wording of the press release, it sounded like it was Dibs that chose to depart, rather than Vertigo letting him go. I guess we'll have to wait for some sort of confirmation one way or the other. GasGas makes sense though... they're the only manufacturer without a big name GP rider, and they seem to have some money to spend now.

• Like 2

From a totally cynical standpoint if I was in his position I would be looking to move over to the enduro scene.

Nothing to prove in the UK, WTC will be more of the same.

English (NoT Scottish) riders have done superbly well at enduro some not quite as talented as JD.

Wouldn't suggest for a minute that Enduro may be a better payer?

"The undisputed number one on the British Trials scene, James Dabill, is to join the Gas Gas Factory FG Trial Team as official rider for the brand for the next two years where he will be taking part in three great competitions: the indoor X-Trial World Championship and the outdoor World Trial Championship, as well as the Spanish Trial Championship. Dabill’s competition schedule for next year also includes prestigious international events such as the Scottish Six Days Trial and the Scott Trial."

Note no British Championship included.