dadof2

One For The Americans

On 9/14/2020 at 8:05 PM, biffsgasgas said:

... Canadians will apologize for almost anything. 

Sorry about that :).

• Haha 1

On 9/15/2020 at 12:05 AM, biffsgasgas said:

That is a truth right there. Traveling the world and working with world economies I can see that Americans are hinged on this culture we can't be wrong and will never fail. Well frankly many of us are flawed and if we don't listen we won't get any further ahead. The perception from afar is that we don't have a cultural norm other than being self centered. Other cultures have their own values which don't align with the US. Germans were implanted with an anti jay walking gene and must not drive in the left lane unless you are overtaking. Many Asian countries think spitting in public is totally cool. Mexicans are perfectly ok with living in tacked together housing. Canadians will apologize for almost anything. Many in the US don't align with others in the US. I grew up in a culture of please and thank you, yes mam and yes sir, I appreciate and am thankful. I was not forced to do this and I wouldn't force others to follow my values. I don't think this is self centered however I do believe in that being a good person, neighbor and overall citizen means that good people will be in my life. Just because I don't understand a culture does not mean I have a right to make fun of it or force my culture down someone else's throat. 

What this country is living with is a leader who is exactly what you said "self centered in their own ideals and will not compromise or surrender their lifestyle". He doesn't care about me or my family based on his actions. He doesn't think he works for the citizens unless we agree with everything he says. If you oppose him you are given a label. He calls the people who put him there terrorist and agitators. This is not a leader. I know bad people and this man is one of them. 

Kindness is not a sign of weakness.

--Biff

Winner. 

On 9/14/2020 at 7:05 PM, biffsgasgas said:

That is a truth right there. Traveling the world and working with world economies I can see that Americans are hinged on this culture we can't be wrong and will never fail. Well frankly many of us are flawed and if we don't listen we won't get any further ahead. The perception from afar is that we don't have a cultural norm other than being self centered. Other cultures have their own values which don't align with the US. Germans were implanted with an anti jay walking gene and must not drive in the left lane unless you are overtaking. Many Asian countries think spitting in public is totally cool. Mexicans are perfectly ok with living in tacked together housing. Canadians will apologize for almost anything. Many in the US don't align with others in the US. I grew up in a culture of please and thank you, yes mam and yes sir, I appreciate and am thankful. I was not forced to do this and I wouldn't force others to follow my values. I don't think this is self centered however I do believe in that being a good person, neighbor and overall citizen means that good people will be in my life. Just because I don't understand a culture does not mean I have a right to make fun of it or force my culture down someone else's throat. 

What this country is living with is a leader who is exactly what you said "self centered in their own ideals and will not compromise or surrender their lifestyle". He doesn't care about me or my family based on his actions. He doesn't think he works for the citizens unless we agree with everything he says. If you oppose him you are given a label. He calls the people who put him there terrorist and agitators. This is not a leader. I know bad people and this man is one of them. 

Kindness is not a sign of weakness.

--Biff

I hesitated to reply on this previous comment.  My experience in dealing with persons from other countries, very often had those persons could be very arrogant and my way or else.  Not saying all foreigners, but many.

Recently dealt again with another Canadian in regards to repair on an aircraft.  In a mode as I have seen before, a broken record repeat themselves occurs, essentially wanting to let you know how smart they are and how wrong you are.  Sadly, again, the Canadian was so far from correct, I gave up trying to explain and decided legally signing off the aircraft for return to service was his ticket to jail.

A couple of weeks ago, I had to deal with a German in regards to an ignition system he he designs and sells.  Dealt with him about 20 years ago in reference to possibly purchasing and installing one of his systems.  Every time I have spoken with him, he almost immediately plays his cards of arrogance and you are not allowed to do anything more than his requests.  Ironic, he was on speaker at the time and my wife heard his every word.  As a customer service person, she was stunned at his words and attitude.  Adding insult to injury, the aircraft owner, the aircraft manufacturer, and others, none of them want to deal with the guy at all.

Locally, I live where winter months have a flocking of Snowbirds from other states and often Canada.  Again, not all but many times those folks are simply rude and nasty, but will show their obvious two faced mode if they deem there is something they need from you.

Often dealt with persons from France in regards to Dassault Falcon Jets.  They too often had that dumb American attitude, yet they were seldom on the mark and often created more nonsense for everyone involved.

There’s more but then again, that is my experience and I certainly never met every person in the world.  Will say though, we here in the USA certainly have some stupid Americans.

I find the focus that Donald Trump is self centered a bit out of context.  Pretty much, any person that has worked and succeeded might show that to some extent.  Unless you are a self employed small business owner, and even that is no guarantee, the people managing those companies can be very competitive and got there many times by stepping on those beneath them.

Ironically, if true, the Trumps as the first family, make do with fewer on staff persons than previous first familys, and give back a lot in regards to not only salary, but bettering others around them.  His daughter has apparently done many advances to improve various areas that woman deal with. I have not closely followed his son, but have not read he is on the payrolls of foreign companies similar to Hunter Biden.

Prior to Trump becoming President, I had the opportunity to have the mechanic for his Boeings to hang out in the backshop I oversaw.  This guy dealt with Trump for a long time.  Nothing he said indicated Trump to be more than a serious bussinessman.  Then again, another person I talk with often, has been around Trump in public functions and states that some of what the media claims is true.  Putting aside any agenda to sell news, and here is the key, if we accurately and fairly compared the current candidates based on everything about them, and compared previous first families based on everything about them, how would those cards fall. 

There's an old saying; if a woman tells you its not you - it's her, then it's definitely you.  (It was said in the recent Star Trek remake to the Spock character Zachary Quinto - a superb example of the incredible US excellence in film making)

I think it means life is a mirror.  If you see groups of people as arrogant or rude it's probably you.  If you find other people's attitude difficult, it's probably you.  If you think tens of millions of people are this, that or the other because they are from a given geographic or political region.  It's probably...  you get it.

• Thanks 1

There's another saying that comes to mind: if everywhere you go smells like ****, check the bottom of your own shoes.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, ChrisCH said:

There's an old saying; if a woman tells you its not you - it's her, then it's definitely you.  (It was said in the recent Star Trek remake to the Spock character Zachary Quinto - a superb example of the incredible US excellence in film making)

I think it means life is a mirror.  If you see groups of people as arrogant or rude it's probably you.  If you find other people's attitude difficult, it's probably you.  If you think tens of millions of people are this, that or the other because they are from a given geographic or political region.  It's probably...  you get it.

No, they were simply obnoxious people from other areas or countries.

1 hour ago, turbofurball said:

There's another saying that comes to mind: if everywhere you go smells like ****, check the bottom of your own shoes.

And another saying, “Stupid is as stupid does”

10 hours ago, pmk said:

And another saying, “Stupid is as stupid does”

That's true.  That's how you end up with a country run by a man that wants to investigate whether to inject bleach to kill germs.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ChrisCH said:

That's true.  That's how you end up with a country run by a man that wants to investigate whether to inject bleach to kill germs.

The wack job punk kids that insist on all this change to the world were eating bleach long before the media suggested it to them.

Guessing Tide Pods snack were / is a Trump thing too.

Edited by pmk

1 hour ago, pmk said:

The wack job punk kids that insist on all this change to the world were eating bleach long before the media suggested it to them.

Guessing Tide Pods snack were / is a Trump thing too.

So kids that eat tide pods are "wack jobs" but a president of a country who suggests similar to a world wide audience is not? 

No one is going to change your mind here and that's ok. To down play people from other countries with alternative ideas or solutions is not the america I am a citizen of although seems like its becoming the louder voice. No one has to be born here to know right or wrong. No one has to agree blindly to be right or wrong. Your religion doesn't mean you are correct or incorrect. Trump wants it his way or the highway and loves to point blame. I see similarities with the tide pod reference. Wack job indeed. 

--Biff

• Like 4

12 hours ago, biffsgasgas said:

So kids that eat tide pods are "wack jobs" but a president of a country who suggests similar to a world wide audience is not? 

No one is going to change your mind here and that's ok. To down play people from other countries with alternative ideas or solutions is not the america I am a citizen of although seems like its becoming the louder voice. No one has to be born here to know right or wrong. No one has to agree blindly to be right or wrong. Your religion doesn't mean you are correct or incorrect. Trump wants it his way or the highway and loves to point blame. I see similarities with the tide pod reference. Wack job indeed. 

--Biff

Interesting to consider your words.  There were several other contenders wanting to run against Trump.  Biden beat those folks and became Trumps main opposition.  That is fact.

Neither is perfect.  That is fact.

Previous Presidents were not perfect either.  

My reasons I do not prefer Biden over Trump, several.  Biden has had his time in politics and accomplished very little.  Biden is documented where he has flip flopped his desires or actions not only during his decades in office, but on other topics such as Corona Virus.  The US money that he threatened to withhold is very sketchy.  His kids employment history with what appears to be tied into Bidens politics.  Biden has shown many disrespectful actions, in my opinion towards the military and police.    

Help me change my mind and vote for Biden, but please support your statement with reliable, repeatable facts.

Biff, regarding culture and how others respect where they live, if you are from Michigan, possibly the amount of other country culture is a bit less than South Florida.  My comments are not me parroting others or fictitiously creating them.  Rather, I base my words regarding other cultures or even trends I witness from other states based on actually seeing the end result.  I am not there to predetermine an outcome or opinion, but will decide on my own after the actual results are presented.

On 9/19/2020 at 7:06 AM, biffsgasgas said:

--Biff

You must of been watching Fox news last night. Senator Kennedy was very sure Tide pods was a Pelosi invention. He flat out said  that must be her problem the last several years. Too many pods.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, lineaway said:

You must of been watching Fox news last night. Senator Kennedy was very sure Tide pods was a Pelosi invention. He flat out said  that must be her problem the last several years. Too many pods.

Tide Pods and alcohol should not be consumed at the same sitting...She might be barely living proof.

Likely to be total freak out in regards to appointing a replacement Supreme Court Justice.  Heard some already filling petitions that it should not be allowed until after the election.  Seems a bit out of line not letting the US President get this done during his current time in office.  If not, he will do it early next term after he is re- elected.

10 hours ago, pmk said:

Likely to be total freak out in regards to appointing a replacement Supreme Court Justice.

Given the farce where Kavanagh got emotionally unbalanced during what amounts to a job interview that might be warranted ... I wonder if Scaramuchi is available, that would be entertaining and about par for the course.