dadof2

One For The Americans

On 9/19/2020 at 10:07 PM, pmk said:

Neither is perfect.  That is fact.

Previous Presidents were not perfect either.  

I agree with that.

Biden has had his time in politics and accomplished very little.  

He was a senator from 1973 till 2009 and of course VP for two terms. His time on the judiciary committee alone speaks to many many accomplishments. His actions against violent crimes and the tax relief acts he helped pioneer are also huge accomplishments. I am not sure which metrics have stated he has accomplished very little. 

Biden is documented where he has flip flopped his desires or actions not only during his decades in office, but on other topics such as Corona Virus.  

As has Trump. The difference here is that I see Biden being able to keep an open mind where if you were to ask Trump he would basically tell you that this was his idea all along even though he said something different a couple weeks ago. Biden will also not tell you that in two weeks something is going to change where Trump seems to think everything happens in two weeks. After those two weeks nothing has happened other than some other distraction Trump has created. Flip flopping seems to be some sort of accusation but when has anybody had a change of direction or motive? That is human nature. We can't get any consistency out of Trump. 

The US money that he threatened to withhold is very sketchy.

This is referring to Trump? I think its probably with any politician you can see that. Outside of politics I have to deal with business decisions and when I hear other managers say "Well there is no money to do that" I can see where people don't see the vision. What I mean by this is that any subject matter can cost money. That subject matter has to fit an agenda. When someone who is in control of money has an agenda that aligns with the subject matters agenda then the money magically appears. For example they build GasGas trials bikes (for the moment at least). I want a GasGas trials bike. I go out and get my money to spend on a GasGas trials bike. If the money going to a foreign country does not align with the agenda of the country then I am totally on board with holding it back. If it does not align with the agenda of a particular politician then my taxpayer money is now not representing me but the personal interest of a politician. That is taxation without representation. 

His kids employment history with what appears to be tied into Bidens politics.  

Trump's kids or Biden's? If we are trying to say that Biden's son has done something wrong here then I would take a long look at all of the Trump spawn. Trump and his kids have personal gain conflicts of interest issues like crazy. 

Biden has shown many disrespectful actions, in my opinion towards the military and police.    

What were those actions? Trump has been extremely disrespectful to many people. He will tell you that he is a military champion but when asked to prove his actions he can't seem to back it up. Military budget now is less than it was a decade ago. We have less people serving in the military now than a decade ago as well. Biden says we should have a police standard and more education for them which I don't think is horrible. Trump tells cities that their police force is horrible if they don't align with his politics. 

if you are from Michigan, possibly the amount of other country culture is a bit less than South Florida.  

I am not from Michigan. I moved here to follow an industry that I am passionate about. I do live and work here now but also travel around this country and other countries as well. 

--Biff

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 9/21/2020 at 4:01 PM, pmk said:

Likely to be total freak out in regards to appointing a replacement Supreme Court Justice.  Heard some already filling petitions that it should not be allowed until after the election.  Seems a bit out of line not letting the US President get this done during his current time in office.  If not, he will do it early next term after he is re- elected.

Very short memory there, remember McConnell refused to even consider replacing the last supreme court judge 9 months out from the election but suddenly 7 weeks is plenty of time

• Like 2

On 9/12/2020 at 2:08 PM, scot taco said:

I do agree totty about outside and probably inside interest bombing social media to back how you think and help divide us.The thing is, Trump is part of that problem with his out and out constant lying, divisive remarks and peddling of bull**** conspiracy theories. He started with the birther theory about president Obama and has continued with backing such crackpots as Alex Jones. The man has told 20,000 documented lies and IMO you cannot lead a nation to a good place doing that.You cannot lead a democracy by telling your supporters that this or that group of people is the cause of their problems because they are bad people. 

..and that my dear friends is how hitler convinced the masses that the jews were the route of all their problems.

• Like 2

On 9/11/2020 at 1:01 AM, pmk said:

Surrounded entirely by water, seems the UK is well defined.  Is it true many UK citizens feared the UK would sink when they dug the Chunnel?  Same as a hole in a boat concept.

Not anyone thought the uk would sink, no. I would say as a general population we are far superior in awarness of other countries and cultures than the US, maybe it goes back to the empire, possibly further back to the fact we were occupied by the romans and their civilised democracy 2000 years ago, who knows? The proxinity to foreign countries speaking different languages has made a difference im sure, ditto being a part of the EU more recently. The fact the states are pretty self sufficient precludes the necessity to be outwardly looking, even without the history.

Edited by nigel dabster

Here we go, starting today Facebook and Twitter started to censor the NEW YORK POST. So much for freedom of speech in the USA. 

7 hours ago, lineaway said:

Here we go, starting today Facebook and Twitter started to censor the NEW YORK POST. So much for freedom of speech in the USA. 

expand?

So then I posted the BBC link on Facebook. Poof! Gone in seconds. I hate knowing how little freedom we have in the free World.

On 10/13/2020 at 6:57 PM, lineaway said:

So, three hours ago this video and all copies vanished in thin air off the internet. I am beginning to believe the USA is censored as much as China. Just like Orwell predicted. Funny times we are living in. Here is another example going on.Give it a day, all of it might be gone Poof!

https://nypost.com/2020/10/15/biden-campaign-glad-posts-hunter-biden-exposes-censored/

And hours later they changed the story again.

https://thepatriothill.com/left-news/2020/10/15/biden-campaign-team-vp-might-have-had-informal-meeting-with-burisma/?utm_source=sprklst&utm_campaign=republicanpundit-biden-10_15-pm

Edited by lineaway

I asked you to expand but you just posted links of how the story had been treated then off on some conspiracy theory of how the USA is gagged like China? (it isnt btw)

Are all trump supporters like this,WTF!

Has Biden done anything wrong? was he impeached, prosecuted or stole money? Did he show his tax returns? did he oversee the worst death count of covid in the world?

Edited by nigel dabster

You are correct BIDEN has never done anything. I am more concerned about social media censoring everything we read and post. I have actually voted Independent mostly. All those life time politicians have done more to ruin America than help it. Sure Trumps an ass, but he is not a politician.

Worst death my ass, when you see the FINAL yearly mortality rate for the USA the covid won`t even make a bump in the percentages. Anybody that dies is deemed to die of covid as the hospitals make more money that way.

1 hour ago, lineaway said:

.. I am more concerned about social media censoring everything we read and post. ...

The problem is the liability of the medium for the content.  If - for example - someone posts on here the best fuel for you bike is chicken fat and some idiot tries it is the web host liable for the bill to de gunk the carb?

Now of course no one would be stupid enough to use chicken fat rather than petrol but some people are stupid enough to take goldfish medicine because Mr Trump lied.  So who should be liable?  Not many people like Zuckerberg and a lot would like to relieve him of some of his money.  The so called censorship is not (as right wing halfwit conspiracy theories suggest) any sort of attempt to stop the truth but simply to protect Mr Zuckerberg's wealth.

Free speech is a thing worth protecting but one person's freedom is another persons hate/stupidity/lies.  Sadly too many people are uncritical of the nonsense that is fed to them.

• Like 1

No worries, the Federal Communications Commission Chairman is going after both Twitter and Facebook. The U.S. Senate will subpoena Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey to ask him to explain why his company censored the New York Post. We will see what happens soon.

So we can change the subject a little, but not much. You hear how Obama saved us with Obamacare and the changes to our health insurance. Well I just had surgery on both Elbows this last month, for my Ulnar nerve. So I have had way too much time on the internet. I was one of the unfortunate people that lost my insurance since the Democrat`s saved us with Obamacare. Well I went about 6 years with zero coverage and my company decided I needed healthcare this year. So I pay 50% of Obamacare which is 100 dollars a week. Well both surgeries will cost me $8000.00 out of my pocket plus the $10,400.00 we will of paid for the Insurance this year. Affordable. But hopefully It will keep me riding into my 70`s!

PS pic was Wednesday morning when my splint fell off. Cheers.

20201013_050652_resized.jpg