dadof2

One For The Americans

6 hours ago, lineaway said:

So we can change the subject a little, but not much. You hear how Obama saved us with Obamacare and the changes to our health insurance. Well I just had surgery on both Elbows this last month, for my Ulnar nerve. So I have had way too much time on the internet. I was one of the unfortunate people that lost my insurance since the Democrat`s saved us with Obamacare. ..

I am sorry that you were injured.  Get well soon.

I don't care about the crappy, inefficient US health care system to be honest.  I don't live there and I am unaffected by it.  As I said earlier before the other poster chickened out it is about climate change.  What the good people of the US choose for their tax/welfare balance is their decision.  Mr Trump is a danger to humanity and to the rest of the world with his lies about climate change and his administration's unwillingness to do anything about it.  The US (Trump) decision to leave the meagre existing global agreements to try to at least begin the process of beating climate change are irresponsible and are making the US the #1 problem, quite the opposite of making it "great" again.

For that reason and that reason alone I do hope Mr Trump loses the election.  I hope that all the world's liars and deniers will be voted out of office at the next opportunity and that the world moves to a system of governance that begins and succeeds in the long battle to preserve our species and the wonderful, amazing opportunities that technology have gifted us.  Trials riding of course, being high on the list.

• Like 1

Interesting how it's called "Obamacare" when it was created by Mitt Romney.  Obama wanted single payer but that wouldn't get through congress, hence having to use the Republican scheme as a compromise ... which the Republicans still weren't happy with.  Trump has had 4 years to replace it with the better system he promised, hows that going?

Still I hope you get better soon, surgery recovery is no fun at all!

Thanks to all I figured this was the year to get this surgery out of the way. Luckily I have been working all year long, but it was getting were riding was almost impossible. Time will tell. Now between this spike with the virus and this nasty election I am hopeful we will have better riding adventures in 2021!

9 hours ago, ChrisCH said:

I am sorry that you were injured.  Get well soon.

I don't care about the crappy, inefficient US health care system to be honest.  I don't live there and I am unaffected by it.  As I said earlier before the other poster chickened out it is about climate change.  What the good people of the US choose for their tax/welfare balance is their decision.  Mr Trump is a danger to humanity and to the rest of the world with his lies about climate change and his administration's unwillingness to do anything about it.  The US (Trump) decision to leave the meagre existing global agreements to try to at least begin the process of beating climate change are irresponsible and are making the US the #1 problem, quite the opposite of making it "great" again.

For that reason and that reason alone I do hope Mr Trump loses the election.  I hope that all the world's liars and deniers will be voted out of office at the next opportunity and that the world moves to a system of governance that begins and succeeds in the long battle to preserve our species and the wonderful, amazing opportunities that technology have gifted us.  Trials riding of course, being high on the list.

If you deem me the one that “chickened out” sorry to disappoint you.  Certainly did not chicken out, but rather gave up on you and your point of view as no good would come from any more discussion.  You stated your key points, how myself or others value them is our choice.  Certainly not chickening out, if anything, pretty certain the words are

Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.

And I expect your reply to indicate it to be a two way street.  

Have fun, far more important stuff happening for me these days, not moto, not politics, rather family and families medical health.

Lineaway, hope you heal quickly and completely.

Edited by pmk
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, pmk said:

If you deem me the one that “chickened out” sorry to disappoint you.  Certainly did not chicken out, but rather gave up on you and your point of view as no good would come from any more discussion. 

Gave up, chicken out, run away, switched off, whatever.  As you say, no more discussion.  Call it anything you like, that particular argument is of no value.  You quit.

2 hours ago, ChrisCH said:

Gave up, chicken out, run away, switched off, whatever.  As you say, no more discussion.  Call it anything you like, that particular argument is of no value.  You quit.

Get over yourself.  I read and understood what you posted.  In easy terms for you to understand, at this point in time, your point of view vs my point of view has stalled until time passes and more valid information is provided by reputable sources.  If you need me to go into ******* mode on you for no good reason, I suppose I could, but rather offered up some respect that you have your opinion, I have mine, and they differ.  Nothing more, nothing less.

Besides what you read in the news, early voting is very easy and smooth. Tuesday was our first day of early voting. My wife took my parents, it took only 20 minutes and no waiting. My father uses a wheelchair and my mother has a walker. I am sure the lines could be longer on Friday and Saturday`s. Today I voted at 11 am. In and out in 10 minutes.

Well my State will be Biden for the majority of the vote. Which includes the towns of Albuquerque, Santa Fe and Las Cruces. The rest of the state Trump will win. I usually vote for one of the other party candidates as there is no way the Democrates  are going to lose. There is actually 6 Presitential candidates on our ballot.

It will be very hard for Trump to win this election with all the hatred the news has generated toward him. But statistically, the history of the outcome is in Trumps favor. Politics is a nasty business. Either way it goes will not matter to my immediate family`s financial means. And that is the most important thing to me.   

On 10/26/2020 at 1:24 AM, lineaway said:

Well my State will be Biden for the majority of the vote. Which includes the towns of Albuquerque, Santa Fe and Las Cruces. The rest of the state Trump will win. I usually vote for one of the other party candidates as there is no way the Democrates  are going to lose. There is actually 6 Presitential candidates on our ballot.

It will be very hard for Trump to win this election with all the hatred the news has generated toward him. But statistically, the history of the outcome is in Trumps favor. Politics is a nasty business. Either way it goes will not matter to my immediate family`s financial means. And that is the most important thing to me.   

Lineaway I suspect you underestimate the potential effect of another 4 years of Trump.

Maybe in the short term not a great deal of difference, but perhaps in America you don't see just what most of the rest of the world thinks of Trump, and how they will be pretty much forced to act to contain him if he gets another term. I really can't see that you'd come out unscathed if America becomes increasingly isolated by much of the developed world.

I don't know how it looks and feels within America, but from the outside it feels like watching a replay of the fall of the Roman Empire as Trump makes the most bizarre, destructive decisions, the complete inability to make an effective response to COVID or apparently understand basic science around climate change - it makes the country a laughing stock to the rest of the world. I'd suggest there's good reason for much of the more independent media caning Trump. 

On the media, I must both apologise and thank you Americans for taking Rupert Murdoch away from Australia! What his networks publish can not be considered "news"!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, bikerpet said:

What his networks publish can not be considered "news"!

Fox News successfully argued in court that they are only entertainment and not news, so they don't have to abide by any factual standards.  Yay Murdoch?

Edited by turbofurball

2 minutes ago, turbofurball said:

Fox News successfully argued in court that they are only entertainment and not news, so they don't have to abide by any factual standards.  Yay Murdoch?

That's priceless!

Sadly we have one State in Australia that does not have a single non-Murdoch "Entertainmentpaper" - not even a single local rag. What hope have we got.

9 hours ago, nigel dabster said:

"the hatred the news has generated", one example?

I was not going to answer as there has been thousands of hate filled news articles. This was today`s EXAMPLE as the author was blaming Trump for his friend`s suicide. Everybody blames him for everything. I blame him for our Independence from imported oil. It`s been 50 years since we exported oil as we now have a surplus.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/time-dump-presidential-dilettante-hes-120001592.html

I've only been to America twice, both times to Florida. I was looking forward to going back when I retired to see Grand Canyon amongst other things. But I've grown tired of the  Americans i see, I just don't understand you.

Guns ? Its obvious to everyone else on the planet that the US policy on individuals owning guns is ludicrous,  how many massacres is it going to take ? Its like you are all stuck in a Clint Eastwood or John Wayne film.

Who'd want to be a policeman in America ? They get it wrong and behave like judge Dredd but every person they approach could be armed ?

Religion,  there seem to be as many religious nut jobs in the US as there are in the middle East. I saw a woman demanding the hair dressers re open , she didn't care about coronavirus as she's looked after by a higher power!!!! What you mean the all powerful being that created the virus ?

The US political system, impossible to get to president without spending billions and despite all that money and effort your choices are Biden and Trump, really Corbyn and Boris were an awful advert for the UK but you guys knocked us out of the park!! How can two men in their 70s be suitable for that job.

The American dream is dead looking from over here, its not a successful outcome .

Edited by baldilocks
  • Like 1