dadof2

One For The Americans

2 hours ago, lineaway said:

No, it's not.

But Trump's legal challenges have so far been found pretty much baseless from what I hear (haven't been paying a great deal of attention recently). The claim that he's holding back until it reaches the Supreme Court is either more stupidity or clutching at straws. The Supreme Court is (I understand) primarily an appellate court, therefore it only decides on the validity of decisions already made by lower courts, it does not accept new evidence relating to a case. For the States to go out on a limb as suggested in that video seems fairly unlikely unless they had some pretty solid backing from their courts - so far not happening.

Just because there is a path to Trump retaining the presidency doesn't mean he's got any hope of actually going down that path. So far the path has been pretty well blocked to him. Not impossible for him to get there given his willingness to lie, cheat, bully and generally act like the spoiled amoral brat he is though.

I've become mildly optimistic that he'll more or less quietly be removed from office, prosecuted for tax evasion and whatever other crimes have been discovered, and hopefully locked away out of the public eye for some time.

• Like 2

When you have come to believe the earth is flat then you pretty much have to accept the moon landings were faked.  How do you then accept the fact the government has lied to you about the real fact that aliens landed and are stored in Roswell?  It is hard to see.  Either travel through space to and from a flat earth is possible or it isn't.  The Van Allen radiation belts would kill an astronaut (hence why the moon landings are faked) although clearly the aliens are not affected by it.  If you cannot trust the government to be honest about this then surely everything else is suspect?  Trump said climate change is a Chinese hoax.  But then he dismissed the virus until he caught it.  I mean, does malaria medicine work for it or not?  Hell, it's hard to get to the real truth isn't it?  Maybe the earth really is round?  Maybe these jerks are just lying to take your money off you?

Who would have thought it?

• Haha 4

{I mean, does malaria medicine work for it or not? }

Well well the Navy forced it on us we were told not to give blood for 4 years.

7 hours ago, lineaway said:

Is there so little of significance happening in the USA at present that the media have to report on the ravings of the lunatic fringe?

Here's a person with absolutely no influence on the events spouting personal opinion and some media amplifying it. When Trump, Biden or a current high rank military commander start saying things like that it's time to listen, not before. Unless the cry get's taken up by a wide section of the lunatic mainstream and it all degenerates into your next civil war. I guess then it'll be a great thing that so many people have firearms to protect the nation from the rule of law.

• Like 1

YES, we need a strong third party in our country. None of this leaning left, or leaning right. Something down the center. Call it the party of sane people for centered decisions. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, lineaway said:

YES, we need a strong third party in our country. None of this leaning left, or leaning right. Something down the center. Call it the party of sane people for centered decisions. 

Personally I think the left in the USA is so far right that the "centre" is now most definitely "right", same here in Australia sadly. If Biden is "left" with his more or less neoliberalist views, I wonder where more generally social views lie?

A two party system is such a dumb way to govern a country, it turns politics into little more than a football match rather than actually focusing on people who have the skills, knowledge and moral courage to lead a nation. However those two-party systems in so many countries are so entrenched and offer so much benefit to the two powerful incumbents that it's pretty hard for a third (or fourth, fifth and sixth) party to get a foot in the door. Really it comes down to individuals going out on a limb and voting in numbers for candidates outside the two parties, as risky as that sometimes seems. That is unlikely to unseat the 2-party structure, but it does put pressure on those parties to start to focus on things other than their own dogma.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, lineaway said:

Glad to see you've still got a sense of humour @lineaway, political propaganda masquerading as journalism. The Chinese communist party would be pleased to see their own techniques so live and well in the USA.

Yet more un-substantiated claims - they may have cheque stubs, but so do I. Do they have the hard evidence that those cheques were actually paid for "vote harvesting"? I love the number 10 million apparently pulled out of a hat somewhere.

Do these people really think American citizens are gullible enough to swallow this s**t? And if they do, are they correct in that assumption? There's a scary thought.

Even more amusing is that they are so self righteous that it's only the other side that has been playing these games. Really, is that believable by anyone? If one side has been playing these games, you can bet your bottom dollar the other side has too.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bikerpet said:

...Do these people really think American citizens are gullible enough to swallow this s**t? And if they do, are they correct in that assumption? There's a scary thought.

Even more amusing is that they are so self righteous that it's only the other side that has been playing these games. Really, is that believable by anyone? .

Yes.  Yes.  And yes.  Respectively.

• Like 3

On 12/2/2020 at 11:15 PM, lineaway said:

on a dozen sites, when are you going to say, trump lost?