dadof2

One For The Americans

3 hours ago, Moomoo said:

Thought it , dare not say it !!!!

I suspect there are quite a few , biting their lip.

That in its self speaks volumes.?

I take it you have not seen the video of the woman they did shoot. At least 4 different cameras caught it.

So as a Trump follower / supporter / believer are you pleased with yourself now 5 people have died Lineaway ?

The world has been listening to Trumps lies since November shared by many of his supporters as they tried to make up a story rather than admit they lost. 

Sad.

First Trump incites others to do illegal actions for him, and when he can't use them anymore, or his lawyers tell him to do so, he throws them under the bus.

He's done this all his life and throughout his presidency. Unless you're a real criminal with lots of money, then he'll get you out of jail.

2 hours ago, lineaway said:

I take it you have not seen the video of the woman they did shoot. At least 4 different cameras caught it.

I'm not sure you've understood the point being made here.

7 hours ago, baldilocks said:

... now 5 people have died ...

Plus the, what, 400,000 from covid?  There's more than a 9/11 every day happening and the Tangerine American in charge is more worried about himself.

Apparently one of the 4 deaths in the capitol riot was a guy who accidentally tazered himself, causing a heart attack.  To go with the woman who was warned that further action would result in shooting so she carried on and then got shot ... I think these people live in an alternate reality, which is really sad.

• Like 2

I really can't quite work out who is the most outrageous:

• The Trump supporters who effectively attempt a coup and then are surprised when the police come knocking on their door.
  • The Republican cabinet members etc. who finally take a moral stand against Trump only after he has conceded defeat. Moral cowards.
  • The broad general American population who seem incapable of recognising that a bus, in the form of Covid, is already hitting them.

At least there's now a glimmer of light that Trump might be in some serious trouble and suffer some consequences for his actions. Maybe.

• Like 3

On 1/7/2021 at 10:59 AM, Waynetod said:

This vote for presidency has turned out to look farcical to people not living in America. The outgoing president, inciting his supporters to fight (riot) for him to stay in power, whilst the newly elected president is staying mainly quiet, giving trump enough rope to hang himself. The whole world knows trumps double standards, pardoning friends and associates but ramping up the number of death sentence executions amongst other dubious acts. The whole world is watching the most powerful country in the world devolve into a banana Republic. As an outsider to America, looking at events unfold, it looks like trump, the sore loser, is doing whatever he can to disrupt democracy and cause civil riot by his supporters. Encouraging the capitol building to be stormed? Hell, he hasn't even condemned the riot. That's treason as I see it. The rest of the world is watching in amazement at what's happening. Even our first minister for Scotland has said, he won't be allowed to land here to play a round of golf whilst the inauguration is taking place. Its not classed as essential travel. Its farcical, its making American democracy look shambolic. That's what the rest of the world thinks of the situation. Or are my views "fake news" and none of this is happening.

You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all the people some of the time. But you can't fool all the people all of the time.

Who said that quote? It rings true. 

You can fool all the people some of the time, and some of the people all the time, but you cannot fool all the people all the time.

Abraham Lincoln

then bush said " its the ones that you can fool all the time that you need to worry about (sic)"

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 1/6/2021 at 11:00 PM, lineaway said:

Well Joe must think so. He canceled his inauguration parade 3 days ago. B)

I asked you not "joe", strange pejorative as we use johnson here.?

• Haha 1

Actually the Democrat`s have caused most of the unrest in America. If it was not for their strange behavior, Trump would never have become so popular. Do you know the BLM riots have continued every night? That the Democrat Governor and Mayor has allowed Portland to become a cesspool of anarchists. Normal Americans are looking at this thinking Biden and his views are going to make this the new NORMAL. Ever since February ammo has been scarce and 2020 recorded the highest amount of firearms ever sold. About 500,000 thousand guns a week. And it`s not the hunters and gun enthusiasts buying them. It`s mainly unarmed citizens who feel threatened by the threat of total chaos or civil war.

Just like tonight they are voting to impeach Trump. It`s 8 days Trump has left in office. Total waste of time and our tax dollars.  Congress should be working on the Pandemic. With Pelosi it`s always politics not the USA first. Just leave it be. If they do get him impeached, it would/could cause major riots in every state!

So 225 days of a riot every night in Portland, coming to every major U.S. city in 2021. 

Screenshot_2021-01-12 portland riots started what day in 2020 - Google Search.png

Apparently you have no idea how much of what you say below is just mind bogglingly blinkered!

Actually the Democrat`s have caused most of the unrest in America. How on earth do you figure that? It was Trump and his lackies who encouraged and inflamed the violence in Washington. It was Trump and his groupies who have gone out of their way to empower the lunatic far-right violent fringe. That statement is absolute rubbish which is not borne out by facts.

Do you know the BLM riots have continued every night? And what does that tell us? That people are sick of the racist behavior. That violence is becoming the voice of the population - both left and right wing. Does that suggest that something's broken systemically? Does to me.

"become a cesspool of anarchists" If you were joking I might, possibly, laugh. But you're not. For a country that continually bangs on about it's great rights to free speech it's amazing how quick you are to shut down anyone who speaks outside the conservative, christian, capitalist tradition. You lot are still so insecure and frightened of anything outside your own ideology that you don't even allow a communist party in many places. What do you think the Communists and Anarchists are going to do? Suddenly, miraculously get elected to the Presidency and take control of both House & Senate? Seems a little unlikely. So perhaps they are just going to talk? No, wait, we can't have that.

Ever since February ammo has been scarce and 2020 recorded the highest amount of firearms ever sold. About 500,000 thousand guns a week. And it`s not the hunters and gun enthusiasts buying them. It`s mainly unarmed citizens who feel threatened by the threat of total chaos or civil war. Where to start? Who do you think is going to start this chaos and civil war, based on evidence please? Not, perhaps the far right, white groups who stormed the Capitol? No, of course, I guess it'll be the rest of the nation who stayed at home and watched it on TV. Lets just leave the discussion about which segments of society are doing the majority of the buying too. Maybe it's time you realised guns aren't the only answer.

Just like tonight they are voting to impeach Trump. It`s 8 days Trump has left in office. Total waste of time and our tax dollars.  No, it's an attempt at saving you from having Trump derail the country and incite more violence by running again.

If they do get him impeached, it would/could cause major riots in every state! So you're saying that the rioters and violent types should prevent the rule of law? If he was successfully impeached it would rather strongly suggest he was guilty of some pretty heinous crimes, but no we should suspend the law because people might get violent. Now who is promoting anarchy - certainly not the governor of Portland!

1 hour ago, lineaway said:

Actually the Democrat`s have caused most of the unrest in America. If it was not for their strange behavior, Trump would never have become so popular. Do you know the BLM riots have continued every night? That the Democrat Governor and Mayor has allowed Portland to become a cesspool of anarchists. Normal Americans are looking at this thinking Biden and his views are going to make this the new NORMAL. Ever since February ammo has been scarce and 2020 recorded the highest amount of firearms ever sold. About 500,000 thousand guns a week. And it`s not the hunters and gun enthusiasts buying them. It`s mainly unarmed citizens who feel threatened by the threat of total chaos or civil war.

Just like tonight they are voting to impeach Trump. It`s 8 days Trump has left in office. Total waste of time and our tax dollars.  Congress should be working on the Pandemic. With Pelosi it`s always politics not the USA first. Just leave it be. If they do get him impeached, it would/could cause major riots in every state!

So 225 days of a riot every night in Portland, coming to every major U.S. city in 2021. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, bikerpet said:

..You lot are still so insecure and frightened of anything outside your own ideology .....

Unfortunately fear and insecurity is what drives modern politics.  In the US the changing demographics strikes fear and insecurity into millions.  I read somewhere (might not be accurate) that the US would be majority Spanish speaking by 2060 on current trends.  I can't remember off hand the date (before then) for white people to be less than 50% of the population.

It is this (well IMHO anyway) that drives the neo-Nazi MAGA revolt that we are watching in real time.  All that is needed for this to triumph is for good people to let it happen.  All that requires is a deep fear and insecurity that we "good people" will be over-run.

This once great nation that stood for freedom, democracy and the rule of law.  How the world would like to see that return.  Our hopes for the Biden administration are high, perhaps unrealistically so - most of us outside the US do not follow it's politics closely enough.  But the world will - I am sure - breathe a sigh of relief when Mr Trump is out of office.  Will he and the idiots that back him accept the new reality or will there be bloodshed?

Just an observation of an outsider:

Trump hasn't been a president, he's been a cult leader, a megachurch televangelist. 
He proclaimed to be the smartest and richest man of them all, yet every week he stood in the pulpit, begging for money and begging for his ego to be stroked, demonizing his opponents, and sowing division.
And the cultists believed every word he said. When he said there was voter fraud, there was voter fraud, who needs evidence when you've got an infallible leader, send by God according to some.
And who cares that some of the other leaders in his church got death threats? They deserve it, they didn't follow the leader when he clearly told them to do so.

Written in the year I was born, 1965:
(Not much has changed)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FVhJmJRUlV8

(My advice: Never become a full blown fan boy, of no one.)

Edited by guys
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1