dadof2

One For The Americans

And the protest Wednesday that most missed. Even the left don`t accept Biden.

PORTLAND, Ore — In the hours after President Joe Biden’s inauguration on Wednesday, hundreds of people gathered for a series of events across the liberal city of Portland, Oregon — not to celebrate, but to mobilize for the struggles to come.

At one demonstration, speakers denounced Biden as a “feckless puppet of the centrist Democratic establishment.” At another, crowds of anti-fascist and racial justice protesters made their doubts about the new president even more explicit, burning a Biden flag in the street. At a third event, several people smashed the windows of the local Democratic Party headquarters. “We are ungovernable,” the group’s banner declared.

Portland protestors.jpg

"And the protest Wednesday that most missed. Even the left don`t accept Biden."

It was to be expected that not all the left would accept him, especially not the anarchists.

Edited by guys
  • Like 1

On 1/18/2021 at 4:08 AM, lineaway said:

The funny part of Covid in my state is the color charts for covid vs the charts for party affiliation are just opposites. The covid problem areas are all Democratic high population centers, and all the rural areas are republican and have vary little cases in comparison. It`s like this through out most of America. So in the areas of all the MAGA crazy people, we have the lowest covid rates. Go figure,

And as far as Australia goes with covid, I wish you all well in the coming months. Especially when your second wave hits in the end of April. Having the Tennis tournament this week appears to be a very big mistake, with all the new strains being found. Hope you get some trials events in before you get shut down again. I am riding as much as I can as I only rode one event in 2020. So far I have 3 events this year!   

Covid is obviously not only a Chinese plot set upon the world, but a politically aware one. There's a worry.

Our second wave has already happened/is happening and largely been managed pretty well - a few mistakes for sure, but overall we're doing OK. No doubt there will be a third wave and more, but the evidence suggests that doing an effective dance with targeted lockdown, broad & responsible adherence to physical distancing and fast effective contact tracing will keep all of them to easily managed sizes and allow us to more or less go about our daily business. Really that's a pretty good result in one of the world's most urbanised populations. This has also given us the breathing space to watch the roll-out of vaccines in other countries and see how that pans out.

We've been having cricket test matches and now the tennis - it certainly will be interesting to see the consequences. I've no doubt they will cause a spike in cases but quietly optimistic that it'll be reasonably well contained. With my distaste for ball sports I could consider it "natural selection". 

Despite it being summer (for much of the country winter is our trials season) there have been a number of events happening and the general view seems to be that next season will go ahead somewhat normally, with appropriate event management.

Now if we can just get rid of our own Trump-ettes in political power... With America rid of Trump it sadly gives our lot their opportunity to shine as some of the world's most pathetic leadership.

• Thanks 1

It`s just crazy here as Biden is being impeached and talk of Harris too as she even helped the  Antifa protesters finance their bail to get out of jail and continue protesting for BLM.

Besides all this nonsense we seem to be having events again with no problems. Best thing most of us can do is enjoy what time we can riding. That is what I plan at least in the coming months. I ordered myself a brand new bike, first time since 2001. Not that I have not had almost new bikes most of my life. Just splurging for a change. 

The vaccine roll out here is not going as well as it should, but not surprised. Most of the medical staff and seniors have been taken care of in my state. It has gone better than Biden has said being on his inauguration day 1.6 million people got vaccinated in the USA. What a mess all this is. I have 7 grand kids and a great grandson coming in the next week or two. Online school just is not cutting it at all. At least we all live in the country so the virus has not changed our lives too much. But I would hate to be a young person in all this.

(Covid is obviously not only a Chinese plot set upon the world, but a politically aware one. There's a worry. )   A lot  can be taken in that statement.

Too many rights and freedoms taken away with sweeping legistlation to save all humanity.! I am not the only one that`s not happy. Good Luck!

6 hours ago, lineaway said:

It`s just crazy here as Biden is being impeached ...

To be fair the woman doing it is a wack job.

What new bike have you gone for?  (Far more interesting...)

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

No one knows about the bike(including my wife) as it may not be imported this year. I will certainly share if it ever shows up this  summer.

Edited by lineaway

20 hours ago, lineaway said:

No one knows about the bike(including my wife) as it may not be imported this year. I will certainly share if it ever shows up this  summer.

no one now actually thinks you mean what you post and have just been poking us with a stick, go on admit it trump is gone now youve nothing to fear.................