Beta Rev 3. 270 Help.

stilly36

Dear all. Beta rev 3. Spluttering when half load or full load. Starts first kick. Ticks over ok. When you ride it it seems to power up ok but the splutters past half throttle. My son has a 03. Mine is I think 05. Will the 03 stator and cdi fit the 05 to ilimanate them. We have already changed carb. Plug. Plug cap. And it still ran the same. Or next thing was cdi. Or coil. Or stator. Only thing I notice is 05 stator looks different. Also any links to stator plate marks. Where to position it. Advance or retard setting. Many thanks all.

If you want to swap electrics to eliminate them, you will need to swap the stator with matching flywheel and cdi. The coils are the same, check the spade connector for corrosion. The reg/rectifier should also be the same but that wouldn't affect running of the bike.

Just mark the stator plates with tip ex or paint so you can put them back on the correct bikes properly when you have finished swapping around.

There should be a factory mark on the stator anyway. If you have already removed the stators just go by the 3 screw marks on them.

Try disconnecting the kill switch too, they can cause weird problems too.

Another thing to check, the needle in the carb slide, make sure it's under the big flat washer.

Edited by steve_earle

Hi all. Any ideas on how I can defo be certain on the year the 2 betas I have. I belive 1 is 03. And 1 05. But stator plate looks different on the 03 to 05. I thought they would be identical. I am only going off the year when I was sold them. How can I identify to make sure.

Ok all. Fan works from 12v sore. Coil wire was loose a little. Still not started the bike yet. In the pricess of elimination Frame reads ZD3B9000020005305 any 1 tell me the year. Or engine size just to be sure.

All so. Stator wires are they correct. Brown. White & black. White. Red. Black to a wire that's hanging doing nothing. Yellow to a wire to cdi then to nothing.