Bike advise

allybally8

5 hours ago, lineaway said:

Funny discussion. My son went out yesterday for his first real day of practice on his new bike. He came home and said it was the best day of his life. He is nineteen years old and started riding trials at three. He has had many bikes through the years, but concentrated on sports in school not trials. He won his class this year in our club, our Master class. One level down from our top class. He just got a Beta 300 4T. His skill level jumped two fold just because his confidence in the bike. It was his first 4 stroke ever. You never know which is actually better, each rider is different. I think I`ll get one too. 

2473.jpeg

I have found exactly the same with my son, he is 17 and went from his Beta Evo 125, 3 months on an Evo 250 (2t) and after a couple of rides on my 300 4t he decided that was the way to go for him, so I got him one, long story short... he absolutely loves the bike and everything about it :D

• Like 2

I would never buy new starting out. Buy second hand and then you dont have to be worried about coming off and throwing it away whilst learning new skills. Learn about the bike and how to fix it. 

Once you have learned the basics you will know what you want as your own skills come out and favour a certain bike.

2t vs 4t then depends on rider and bike. My mate had 4RT one day then sold it as he hated it, 2 years later bought Beta 300 4t n loved it n found grip i couldnt on a GasGas 250. I then bought a GasGas 300 racing and found that way smoother and more grip than all the 250`s ive ever had.