4rt water pump case

evo

Hi All,

I smashed my my water pump case on a trial. Does anyone know who would stock them in the U.K?

googling water pump case came up with loads of different guards. Does anyone know which ones are most useful? The carbon effect ones don't look like they will stand up to much! 

Thanks

On 1/2/2017 at 10:06 PM, evo said:

Hi All,

I smashed my my water pump case on a trial. Does anyone know who would stock them in the U.K?

Try Kestrel Honda Coventry speak with Scott on parts desk, quote the part numbers - cover part number is 19221 NN4 000, gasket part number 19229 NN4 000 he won't have the parts in stock but should be able to get it within a couple of days, they do mail order too.

Nice job! It looks simple enough to try making one. How did you form the curve, over a tube? What material did you use, 6061T6? The two strips on the bottom are a nice touch, a little extra protection for no weight. Thanks for posting a picture. 

Edited by fxstbi
Added text

curves formed over a 1 1/2" steel bar. Not sure on the material - it was nothing special and not as hard asT6. Once it's formed its pretty tough. I don't land the sump on rocks just rock over a few logs now and again. I made it wider at the front to cover the bottom of the clutch and flywheel casing and longer to cover the rear linkage. Didn't bother with most of the 'lightening holes'...certainly not the ones at the front and underneath, it stops the muck getting up under between the engine and sump.