Engine rebuild Sherpa 350 T 191 series

fastfred

Who can rebuild these engines or at least the crank? In Motion only supply bits now.

Is there only In Motion for parts?

Anyone to recommend for a rebore?

Will probably do bottom end myself unless can find someone to save time. Thanks.

Hansjoerg Pfahler in Germany can rebuild your engine and provides parts you need for your engine*.

Reimar Bürkmayer in Germany can rebuild your engine and provides The parts you need for your engine*

* assuming it's not a rare 199b or 221 or likewise then parts would have to be custom made.

UK or not when I look at your prices for labor +10%, for parts +20%, for postage +20% and +1% for VAT.

I once ordered a custom ignition rotor with added weight for a Swedish SEM ignition to an Austrian bike in the US and was very pleased by the outcome and too about the price so a win / win for all.

But on the other hand that's me and you are you...

• Like 1

John Collins in Port Talbot always used to do lots of bultaco spares New and secondhand and exchange cranks etc might be worth giving him a ring? just googled him, has an ebay shop and number is 0163988241 says he stocks spares for  and repairs Bultaco's

Edited by greychapel
more info

Cheap it 'aint. Mymotors have some old stock which they let me have for original price so a complete gasket set was £19 even though I told them it should be £30. 

The bike cost me £800 and I was told the crank was rumbling. If you can run to electronic ignition I would recommend it. Turned out both the crank bearings and mains were shot. 

22 hours ago, fastfred said:

Who can rebuild these engines or at least the crank? In Motion only supply bits now.

Is there only In Motion for parts?

Anyone to recommend for a rebore?

Will probably do bottom end myself unless can find someone to save time. Thanks.

I spoke to MYMotors and they said by all means post them the parts and the crank and they will get it done for you by the bloke who did mine (also re-bores) but you may find a local engineer to you who would do it without the postage. Alternatively have you asked Dave Renham at inmotion if they had someone local to them who would do it ? You could just post the crank to them then? Just a thought.

Anyroad, Let me know what you decide and if I can help sort anything out this end I'd be happy to.