All Our Yesterdays

from the cost of a 1979 tmx, to sticking dog bab to a stick, in 20 posts ,with no effort and seamless. now i know why i ride trials!

p.s. dog poo tester!, bet you wished you'd tried at school!

Edited by paul w

• 8 years later...

1980.......1980!

Started off on an automatic Malaguti bought from Eddie Wrights in Leeds. Learnt to ride it along with my two younger brothers "blasting" over the sand dunes on Seaton Carew beach. Progressed to a new TY80 and we practiced on that at the old quarry that used to be near Tetleys in Eaglescliffe and on some land near the Tates farm in Swainby when we stayed in a relatives caravan there.

Moved up to a Whitehawk and C class beckoned as did my first trial at Hart with Middlesbrough club. As the legs got longer I then had a Fantic 75, big shock to the system compared to the TYs!

Had a good year in B class aboard a TY175 and was lucky enough to travel all over the country really enjoying my trials reaching its peak in 83 with Junior Kickstart (without success). Made many good friends and memories in schoolboy trials and I'm really grateful to my parents for all they did.

Now? I'm 45 and my son, after a few years in motocross, now rides a 125 Gas Gas and puts a huge smile on my face. I will be back competing soon on the North East/Yorkshire scene and fully intend to enjoy it as much as I did as a young teenager. I just cant decide between a 250 modern or to go down the twinshock road.

Long live trials!