Where to Buy a Bike

trapezeartist

Where are the places to look with a view to buying a secondhand trials bike, either private or from a dealer?

I've found eBay, Gumtree and the advert section of this site of course. I've also found a few other websites that just re-hash adverts from other sources (pretty pointless). Are there any others I should be looking at?

What about dealers? I've found a few in the north of England but they're too far away, and anyway I'd rather buy a bike that hasn't spent too much time bouncing off rocks. I heard of BVM but they don't seem to have much on their website apart from new and nearly-new. I also found RCM in Cornwall but they are also a long way away, in the other direction, though it would be a more attractive journey. Any others?

If your after twin shock, they do have the occasional mono however, try The Twin Shock Shop at Sidmouth just outside Exeter in Devon.

good range of bikes on the website!

In Chains at Ringwood occasionally get one in, but Nigel there who is active with the Ringwood Club has a few cards with details of bikes he knows are for sale etc, for their customers. Also worth a call.

Edited by jonboy883
Correction

The place near Salisbury on the above comment, I think, has now gone, unless they've moved without me noticing!

Also try "Wobbly Will's" website, Will is active with the Alton club in Hampshire, but his website is national.

Edited by jonboy883
Correction

Jhon lee has some nice bikes , mine all come from BVM but since ceasing trading a few year back , the new bvm has half the stock to the old place, the tmx is good, be careful on eBay the bikes may be stolen hard to check a trials bike unless road registered.

• 3 weeks later...

• 1 month later...

I can only go on my own experiences which is at Inch Perfect Trials (ribble valley) and Triple D motorsport(kendal, cumbria) .  They have more bikes than you think and the staff are more than helpful in getting you on the right bike for your budget and your current skill level. 

happy shopping.