Dust off your anorak and tell me about it...........

laird387

1 hour ago, hillary said:

The picture of Birkett on the Montesa is likely to be 1978,79 or 80 but can't be certain which year.

Surely 1980 at the earliest, probably 1981 as the Mont is a white tank model and is a 200, which Birkett rode towards the end of his Montesa career.

Edited by cleanorbust

18 hours ago, 2stroke4stroke said:

Any chance of putting a number against the photos in future?  The site used to allocate a number to a post but does not seem to now.  It would make it much easier both to provide answers and investigate answers given.

Definitely Nipper on the Ossa MAR.

The post number was useful - but if the riding number is visible that would be equally useful to quote in the answers........

This posting topic is proving to be not only very useful for helping to sort some of my pile of 'lost' images - but also rather popular with other members of the forum.

That is excellent, the more the merrier, obviously.

That in itself opened a new train of thought, it is obvious to me that not everyone in the forum reads our digital magazine - and equally obvious to me that not everyone that subscribes the £12 to access the magazine regularly reads the forum, so BINGO split the huge pile of lost images in half and create two sets of queries, this one PLUS a different one in the magazine - and with luck and a following wind the pile will be sorted in double-quick time. So, from issue 51 there will be a new regular feature..........

Thanks for all your help - but mainly - ENJOY

Deryk.

PS.  Who? What? When?

'0-1-mon 050736.jpg

Edited by laird387
typo
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, laird387 said:

This posting topic is proving to be not only very useful for helping to sort some of my pile of 'lost' images - but also rather popular with other members of the forum.

That is excellent, the more the merrier, obviously.

That in itself opened a new train of thought, it is obvious to me that not everyone in the forum reads our digital magazine - and equally obvious to me that not everyone that subscribes the £12 to access the magazine regularly reads the forum, so BINGO split the huge pile of lost images in half and create two sets of queries, this one PLUS a different one in the magazine - and with luck and a following wind the pile will be sorted in double-quick time. So, from issue 51 there will be a new regular feature..........

Thanks for all your help - but mainly - ENJOY

Deryk.

PS.  Who? What? When?

'0-1-mon 050736.jpg

Brett Haley?

• Like 1

Who? What? When? Number 24.

OK, I can see it's a Fantic - but can someone give me a clue as to what year Fantic, etc.  Also that's a very distinctive riding number card - does anyone recognise that - and who is the youngster?

Whatever, enjoy.

default 4.jpg